JBL sf-15 speakers and Yamaha sv115 15" speakers

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
December 15, 2004 9:00:17 PM

Which are the better for out-front PA system applications?
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:16:35 AM

Bubba wrote:
> Which are the better for out-front PA system applications?

The one that costs less
george
December 16, 2004 8:57:04 PM

> The one that costs less
> george

We picked up a pair of both and they both sound killer. Thanks for your zero
intelligence input, moron
December 17, 2004 12:22:18 AM

In article <P1rwd.60$iH.16@fed1read02>, Bubba <2@1.com> wrote:

>> The one that costs less
>> george
>
>We picked up a pair of both and they both sound killer. Thanks for your zero
>intelligence input, moron

To be honest, I would suspect anything in this general range is not going
to sound "killer."

The question becomes what you're using it for... I find the flabby bass on
the SF-15 to be really annoying, but a lot of people find that to be an
advantage. I haven't heard the Yamaha.

But the speaker I'd pick for a long and narrow room is different than the
speaker I'd pick for a short and wide room. The speaker I'd pick for just
vocals is different than the speaker I'd pick for full-range music. If I
needed high stage levels, I'd pick a speaker much more narrow dispersion
than what I'd pick if I needed natural sound for a small acoustic group.
--scott

December 17, 2004 1:17:38 AM

Bubba wrote:

> We picked up a pair of both and they both sound killer. Thanks for your
> zero intelligence input, moron

Was that a couple of rapid-fire typos? Did you really mean "They're both
sound killers"?

The gentleman you just called a moron has forgotten more about sound
reinforcement than you will probably ever know. One of the things he
hasn't forgotten is that when comparing two pieces of low end audio gear,
the "BEST" is the one that leaves you more money to improve your system in
some other area.

Now go to your room & play with your little toy DJ speakers. And don't
come out until you've learned to respect your elders.
Anonymous
December 17, 2004 11:13:21 PM

> > The one that costs less
> > george
>
> We picked up a pair of both and they both sound killer. Thanks for your
zero
> intelligence input, moron

I'm equally annoyed by George's impatience, but in this case I'd have to
agree with him. The Sound Factor series is just Yorkville/Behringer caliber
gear with an added JBL tax. Each model has its problems, but it's not worth
auditioning all of them to see which suits a room best, just pick up
whatever's cheapest and most accessible and spend some of your savings on a
good EQ, you're going to need it!

I had to laugh when a local venue replaced their Crown CE-4000 and Yorkville
Elite 1000's (older 8 Ohm ones) with a Crest CPX-1500 and JBL SF-25's to
meet a strict tech rider...
!