home networking with a router

Last response: in Networking
May 14, 2004 4:11:16 PM

When attempting to use the networking wizzard I see that
our setup is not one of the connectivity options. We have
a cable modem into a Lynksys router. The house was built
with cat5 wiring so each PC has a cable going to the
router. We have 3 machines, a laptop with WINxp and 2
desktops with WINxp Home. One desktop has a printer and
files we'd like to share and the other 2 pc's have files
to share.

How do we configure everything?

More about : home networking router

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 6:35:43 PM

Don't configure it as a router, just make it an access
point. look under security, then base station mode. Since
your Linksys is providing security/router functions, you
don't need the mn-700 to act as a router for ya.

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 9:13:46 PM

What? What is an mn-700?

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 11:24:35 PM

It is a Microsoft router/base station. If you're not running the Microsoft
products, you need to consult the appropriate support section for the
product you're using.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP