home networking with a router

When attempting to use the networking wizzard I see that
our setup is not one of the connectivity options. We have
a cable modem into a Lynksys router. The house was built
with cat5 wiring so each PC has a cable going to the
router. We have 3 machines, a laptop with WINxp and 2
desktops with WINxp Home. One desktop has a printer and
files we'd like to share and the other 2 pc's have files
to share.

How do we configure everything?
3 answers Last reply
More about home networking router

    Don't configure it as a router, just make it an access
    point. look under security, then base station mode. Since
    your Linksys is providing security/router functions, you
    don't need the mn-700 to act as a router for ya.

    What? What is an mn-700?

    It is a Microsoft router/base station. If you're not running the Microsoft
    products, you need to consult the appropriate support section for the
    product you're using.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP