Sign in with
Your question

Is there a way to check for malware outside of the norm?

Last response: in Windows 7
May 29, 2012 4:26:36 PM

Whtas up guys,
First off Im running Avast and comodo and full malware bytes. But what Im wondering is if there is a way to check deeper for malware or issues? Reason Im asking is I think I may have downloaded an iffy program. My mouse seems to be studdering a bit ( and it didnt do it until now ) Im running a new build of only 1-2 mths old. So is there anything to look for in terms of processes etc? Or would Comodo, Avast and or Malware bytes have said something to me? Comodo kept popping up when I was installing it, but it does that anyway with any program.

More about : check malware norm

a b $ Windows 7
May 29, 2012 4:36:43 PM

just because a program sucks does not automatically make it 'malware'. It may simply be a poorly written bit of software that does messes things up. Simply uninstall it, clean the registry, and see if your problem goes away, and never ever ever install something that you suspect to be malware. The greatest AV protection in the world cannot save you if you really want a virus.

If using win8 then check the bandwidth usage of the program to see if it is sending anything 'home'.
May 29, 2012 4:52:18 PM

Im running win7. Whats a good reg wiper? I usually use Ccleaner, but Im sure there always is something better.
Related resources
May 29, 2012 5:09:39 PM

ccleaner is the best
June 1, 2012 3:54:28 AM

CCleaner is good, especially in removing program traces after uninstalls. Also PC Shower, 360 Amigo System Speedup, JetClean, Diskmax and Registry Repair Wizard. Some of these have free or free to try versions.
!