V300 Data Transfer from PC...

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 12, 2005 7:29:35 AM

I've got a V300...

I've got the proper cable...

I've got Mobile Phone Tools software...

No luck. Does my phone or cell service have to have a certain "thing"
enabled for me to use this software?

--

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400

More about : v300 data transfer

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 7:47:18 AM

You need to install and run MPT before plugging in the phone.

From:Joe
spamtrapverizonnewsgroups@yunx.com

> I've got a V300...
>
> I've got the proper cable...
>
> I've got Mobile Phone Tools software...
>
> No luck. Does my phone or cell service have to have a certain "thing"
> enabled for me to use this software?
>
> --
>

> Joe in Northern, NJ
> V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)
>
> Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
> http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
> http://www.youthelate.com
>
> Young Life? eMail me!
>
> Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...
>
> Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
May 12, 2005 7:51:23 AM

> You need to install and run MPT before plugging in the phone.

Done that... Can't find V300 on the device list within teh software. Only
V300p which doesn't synch.
--

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
May 12, 2005 7:51:24 AM

"Joe" <spamtrapverizonnewsgroups@yunx.com> wrote in message
> > You need to install and run MPT before plugging in the phone.
>
> Done that... Can't find V300 on the device list within teh software.
Only
> V300p which doesn't synch.
> --
What version of MPT are you running? Try to run the update program and see
if that helps you.
May 12, 2005 8:02:38 AM

> What version of MPT are you running? Try to run the update program and
> see
> if that helps you.

3.11

Update just brings me to the "buy XXX now for $59" screen on the web.

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
May 12, 2005 8:12:13 AM

It just sits tehre and tries to initialize forever...

I finally found the V300 model listed somewhere and thought I had it... :(
--

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
May 12, 2005 12:50:31 PM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 04:12:13 GMT, "Joe"
<spamtrapverizonnewsgroups@yunx.com> wrote:

>It just sits tehre and tries to initialize forever...
>
>I finally found the V300 model listed somewhere and thought I had it... :(

Try running Liveupdate..not Upgrade

I can't remember off the top of my head but it's in somewhere like
Menu/Tools/Liveupdate or Menu/Help/Liveupdate
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
May 12, 2005 3:12:18 PM

> Try running Liveupdate..not Upgrade
>
> I can't remember off the top of my head but it's in somewhere like
> Menu/Tools/Liveupdate or Menu/Help/Liveupdate

Left click - HELP - UPDATE...

Gives me: http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/upgrade/US/

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
May 12, 2005 8:13:18 PM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:12:18 GMT, "Joe"
<spamtrapverizonnewsgroups@yunx.com> wrote:

>> Try running Liveupdate..not Upgrade
>>
>> I can't remember off the top of my head but it's in somewhere like
>> Menu/Tools/Liveupdate or Menu/Help/Liveupdate
>
>Left click - HELP - UPDATE...
>
>Gives me: http://www.bvrp.com/customers/motorola/upgrade/US/
>
>Joe in Northern, NJ
>V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)
>
>Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
>http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
>http://www.youthelate.com
>
>Young Life? eMail me!
>
>Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...
>
>Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400

It's under SETUP/LIVEUPDATE
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply
May 13, 2005 5:06:02 AM

> It's under SETUP/LIVEUPDATE

Setup has the following choices on my install:

- General Set-Up
- New Phone
- SMS Configuration (grayed out)
- Internet Connections
- Synchronizations Sessions

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
May 13, 2005 11:57:16 AM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 01:06:02 GMT, "Joe"
<spamtrapverizonnewsgroups@yunx.com> wrote:

>> It's under SETUP/LIVEUPDATE
>
>Setup has the following choices on my install:
>
>- General Set-Up
>- New Phone
>- SMS Configuration (grayed out)
>- Internet Connections
>- Synchronizations Sessions
>
>Joe in Northern, NJ
>V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)
>
>Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
>http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
>http://www.youthelate.com
>
>Young Life? eMail me!
>
>Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...
>
>Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400

I seem to remember that it was somewhere else on older versions...but it is
definitely there.

Go through each menu item and look for Liveupdate
--

!