Alternative to Mobile Phone Tools?

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 12, 2005 8:02:37 AM

Any free or low cost alternatives out there to MPT? It simply will not work
for me!

Unlocked V300...
Plugging the cable in AFTER I start MPT and see the "plug phone in now"
splash.
MPT V3.11

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 8:12:02 AM

Data Pilot is good but costs $39.

From:Joe
spamtrapverizonnewsgroups@yunx.com

> Any free or low cost alternatives out there to MPT? It simply will
> not work for me!
>
> Unlocked V300...
> Plugging the cable in AFTER I start MPT and see the "plug phone in
> now" splash.
> MPT V3.11
>
> Joe in Northern, NJ
> V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)
>
> Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
> http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
> http://www.youthelate.com
>
> Young Life? eMail me!
>
> Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...
>
> Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 12:33:47 PM

Data Pilot does not let you synchronize with Outlook. If it did I would
stop using MPT a long time ago.
May 13, 2005 2:15:57 AM

I have Data Pilot and while I don't use it with Outlook, this is what
they have to say about it:

"Susteen's® DataPilot® cell phone sync software solution provides one
central location for your cell phone, Outlook®, Outlook Express® and
Palm® contacts. Stay in sync with your Outlook appointments anytime,
anywhere."

Perhaps you were thinking of an older version?

From:thomasl
TLeski@gmail.com

> Data Pilot does not let you synchronize with Outlook. If it did I
> would stop using MPT a long time ago.
May 16, 2005 3:01:02 PM

Thomas, I've looked at DataPilot for awhile now. I hesitated to
purchase it because I've tried demos of several sync programs that
either worked erratically or not at all. I hesitate to plunk down any
cash unless I know it'll work.

I was also a bit confused about their cables. Are they required or are
they just a USB cable?

I'd love a good program that would sync my Palm Desktop to my V551
phone.

John

On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:15:57 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>I have Data Pilot and while I don't use it with Outlook, this is what
>they have to say about it:
>
>"Susteen's® DataPilot® cell phone sync software solution provides one
>central location for your cell phone, Outlook®, Outlook Express® and
>Palm® contacts. Stay in sync with your Outlook appointments anytime,
>anywhere."
>
>Perhaps you were thinking of an older version?
>

>From:thomasl
>TLeski@gmail.com
>
>> Data Pilot does not let you synchronize with Outlook. If it did I
>> would stop using MPT a long time ago.

Anonymous
May 17, 2005 12:52:28 AM

While I don't use a Palm OS, I can tell you that Data Pilot works very
well, has excellent support and a moneyback guarantee if it doesn't meet
your needs. They offer a free 6 month update policy with discounted
updates after that. I didn't want to update to a new version but just
wanted to use my v3 so they gave me a free upgrade to support my new
phone. As for the cables, there's nothing special about them - you can
use your own cable if you have one, as I did.
All of the above being said, if you don't need Palm OS support, you
won't really get anything more than you get with MPT. I originally
bought it because, at the time, MPT did not have it's own database to
sych with. You could only synch to OE/Outlook which I didn't want to do.
Now that they have that feature I don't use DP as often.

From:Spectrum
none@nowhere.com

!