Alternative to Mobile Phone Tools?

Any free or low cost alternatives out there to MPT? It simply will not work
for me!

Unlocked V300...
Plugging the cable in AFTER I start MPT and see the "plug phone in now"
splash.
MPT V3.11

Joe in Northern, NJ
V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
http://www.youthelate.com

Young Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400
5 answers Last reply
More about alternative mobile phone tools

    Data Pilot is good but costs $39.

    From:Joe
    spamtrapverizonnewsgroups@yunx.com

    > Any free or low cost alternatives out there to MPT? It simply will
    > not work for me!
    >
    > Unlocked V300...
    > Plugging the cable in AFTER I start MPT and see the "plug phone in
    > now" splash.
    > MPT V3.11
    >
    > Joe in Northern, NJ
    > V#8013 '86 VN750 (For Sale!!!)
    >
    > Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
    > http://tinyurl.com/4zkw8
    > http://www.youthelate.com
    >
    > Young Life? eMail me!
    >
    > Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...
    >
    > Cedar Grove, NJ Bike Night! (973) 239-1400

    Data Pilot does not let you synchronize with Outlook. If it did I would
    stop using MPT a long time ago.

    I have Data Pilot and while I don't use it with Outlook, this is what
    they have to say about it:

    "Susteen's® DataPilot® cell phone sync software solution provides one
    central location for your cell phone, Outlook®, Outlook Express® and
    Palm® contacts. Stay in sync with your Outlook appointments anytime,
    anywhere."

    Perhaps you were thinking of an older version?

    From:thomasl
    TLeski@gmail.com

    > Data Pilot does not let you synchronize with Outlook. If it did I
    > would stop using MPT a long time ago.

    Thomas, I've looked at DataPilot for awhile now. I hesitated to
    purchase it because I've tried demos of several sync programs that
    either worked erratically or not at all. I hesitate to plunk down any
    cash unless I know it'll work.

    I was also a bit confused about their cables. Are they required or are
    they just a USB cable?

    I'd love a good program that would sync my Palm Desktop to my V551
    phone.

    John

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:15:57 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >I have Data Pilot and while I don't use it with Outlook, this is what
    >they have to say about it:
    >
    >"Susteen's® DataPilot® cell phone sync software solution provides one
    >central location for your cell phone, Outlook®, Outlook Express® and
    >Palm® contacts. Stay in sync with your Outlook appointments anytime,
    >anywhere."
    >
    >Perhaps you were thinking of an older version?
    >

    >From:thomasl
    >TLeski@gmail.com
    >
    >> Data Pilot does not let you synchronize with Outlook. If it did I
    >> would stop using MPT a long time ago.

    While I don't use a Palm OS, I can tell you that Data Pilot works very
    well, has excellent support and a moneyback guarantee if it doesn't meet
    your needs. They offer a free 6 month update policy with discounted
    updates after that. I didn't want to update to a new version but just
    wanted to use my v3 so they gave me a free upgrade to support my new
    phone. As for the cables, there's nothing special about them - you can
    use your own cable if you have one, as I did.
    All of the above being said, if you don't need Palm OS support, you
    won't really get anything more than you get with MPT. I originally
    bought it because, at the time, MPT did not have it's own database to
    sych with. You could only synch to OE/Outlook which I didn't want to do.
    Now that they have that feature I don't use DP as often.

    From:Spectrum
    none@nowhere.com

    > Thomas, I've looked at DataPilot for awhile now. I hesitated to
    > purchase it because I've tried demos of several sync programs that
    > either worked erratically or not at all. I hesitate to plunk down any
    > cash unless I know it'll work.
    >
    > I was also a bit confused about their cables. Are they required or are
    > they just a USB cable?
    >
    > I'd love a good program that would sync my Palm Desktop to my V551
    > phone.
    >
    > John
    >
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 22:15:57 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I have Data Pilot and while I don't use it with Outlook, this is what
    >> they have to say about it:
    >>
    >> "Susteen's® DataPilot® cell phone sync software solution provides one
    >> central location for your cell phone, Outlook®, Outlook Express® and
    >> Palm® contacts. Stay in sync with your Outlook appointments anytime,
    >> anywhere."
    >>
    >> Perhaps you were thinking of an older version?
    >>

    >> From:thomasl
    >> TLeski@gmail.com
    >>
    >>> Data Pilot does not let you synchronize with Outlook. If it did I
    >>> would stop using MPT a long time ago.

Motorola Mobile Phones