V551 - Using Voice Records as Ringtones

Is there a way to use a voice record as a ringtone?
I want my friends to make their own personalized ringtones.
7 answers Last reply
More about v551 voice records ringtones

    RTFM first.

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 11:48:49 -0400, <user> wrote:

    >RTFM first.

    What page is it on because I couldn't find it either.

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 06:27:33 GMT, "bobparkins@sbcglobal.net"
    <bobparkinsATsbcglobalDOTnet> wrote:

    >Is there a way to use a voice record as a ringtone?
    >I want my friends to make their own personalized ringtones.

    I thought of doing that too but could not find it in the manual or by
    just playing with the phone. MPT won't access the voice records
    either. If you could extract those, you could turn them into MP3s and
    in turn make them ringtones.

    If you figure something out how to do it, post it please.

    You assumed I didn't. It isn't in there.
    Mobile Phone Tools doesn't seem to want to establish connection via USB -
    don't have BT on PC.
    <user> wrote in message news:pZOdnTvT59YngBvfRVn-ig@rogers.com...

    > RTFM first.
    >
    > "bobparkins@sbcglobal.net" <bobparkinsATsbcglobalDOTnet> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to use a voice record as a ringtone?
    >> I want my friends to make their own personalized ringtones.

    download a free program called Audacity to record from microphone then
    save as mp3. Transfer mp3 with Mobile phone tools to the phone. Then
    select it as a ringtone.

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 06:27:33 GMT, "bobparkins@sbcglobal.net"
    <bobparkinsATsbcglobalDOTnet> wrote:

    >Is there a way to use a voice record as a ringtone?
    >I want my friends to make their own personalized ringtones.

    can you please provide us with the URL

    regards

    Roland
    "prc2u" <prc2u@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > download a free program called Audacity to record from microphone then
    > save as mp3. Transfer mp3 with Mobile phone tools to the phone. Then
    > select it as a ringtone.
    >
    > On Sat, 14 May 2005 06:27:33 GMT, "bobparkins@sbcglobal.net"
    > <bobparkinsATsbcglobalDOTnet> wrote:
    >
    > >Is there a way to use a voice record as a ringtone?
    > >I want my friends to make their own personalized ringtones.

    I googled it and found
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    "Philip D Izaac" <pdizaac@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
    > can you please provide us with the URL
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Roland
    > "prc2u" <prc2u@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > download a free program called Audacity to record from microphone then
    > > save as mp3. Transfer mp3 with Mobile phone tools to the phone. Then
    > > select it as a ringtone.
    > >
    > > On Sat, 14 May 2005 06:27:33 GMT, "bobparkins@sbcglobal.net"
    > > <bobparkinsATsbcglobalDOTnet> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Is there a way to use a voice record as a ringtone?
    > > >I want my friends to make their own personalized ringtones.

Motorola