Random freezing and buzzing noises

brittp30

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I recently came home to my computer after a 7 month break.

I had to update a lot of things like drivers, programs, etc which went very well and I believe that all of my drivers are up to date.

The problem that is occurring is that occasionally my computer will freeze for about a second and then a robotic buzzing noise will play through my headphones.

I am not really sure what to think of this and I've looked for quite awhile on Google. The main answer that keeps appearing is that I should clean my computer out because it may be dusty.

The problem with this is that I have no idea how I would safely clean the inside of my computer.

Here are the specs (I think):

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80GHz 53 °C
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Alienware 0RV30W (CPU 1) 62 °C
Graphics
ASUS VE276 (1920x1080@60Hz)
ASUS VE276 (1920x1080@60Hz)
ATI Radeon HD 5670 (Dell) 56 °C
ATI Radeon HD 5670 (Dell)
CrossFire Disabled
Hard Drives
977GB Seagate ST31000528AS (RAID) 34 °C
Optical Drives
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-24ABS
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Sorry if this is not the place to be posting this, or if this is a problem with a very simple fix.

EDIT: I should also mention that my computer has Blue Screened once since I turned it back on a few days ago.

This is probably a software problem, have you tried safe mode? do you still get the freezing problem in safe mode? The buzzing sound in the ear phones could be because you could have the computer volume turned down and the headphone amplifier turned up. Turn the computer volume up and the amplifier volume down. The majority of buzzing noises on the headphones comes through the audio leads from the CD drive, does the CD drive spin when the computer freezes? Is there a CD in the drive?

brittp30

Honorable
May 29, 2012

I will try safemode. The buzzing is not constant and it only happens when the computer actually locks up for those split seconds.

It's more of a static type buzzing.

There was a CD in the drive so I removed it. I don't think that that is it though.