V551 Ring Style Problem

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 14, 2005 3:03:02 PM

The ring style of my V551 keeps automatically changing its ring style
from "vibrate & ring" to other styles without any reason. Therefore, I
need to frequently check the it. This also happened to my former C375
phone. Does anyone have the same experience?

davidT
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 6:06:27 PM

Are you sure you are not hitting the side keys by accident? Doing so will
change the ringstyles, try setting a Lock Application on the ringstyles, so
you have to enter a password to change it, and see if the problem continues.
"davidT" <tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com> wrote in message
> The ring style of my V551 keeps automatically changing its ring style
> from "vibrate & ring" to other styles without any reason. Therefore, I
> need to frequently check the it. This also happened to my former C375
> phone. Does anyone have the same experience?
>
> davidT
May 14, 2005 6:44:34 PM

CJD wrote:
> Are you sure you are not hitting the side keys by accident? Doing so will
> change the ringstyles, try setting a Lock Application on the ringstyles, so
> you have to enter a password to change it, and see if the problem continues.
> "davidT" <tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com> wrote in message
>
>>The ring style of my V551 keeps automatically changing its ring style
>>from "vibrate & ring" to other styles without any reason. Therefore, I
>>need to frequently check the it. This also happened to my former C375
>>phone. Does anyone have the same experience?
>>
>>davidT

CJD, thanks very much for asking me if I have hit any side keys that
would have changed the ring style. I have now find out that, if I hit
the Smart Key on the phone's left side, it does change it. Could you
please tell me how to set a Lock Application on the ringstyles as you
have so kindly suggested? Thanks!

davidT
Related resources
May 14, 2005 7:00:18 PM

davidT wrote:
> CJD wrote:
>
>> Are you sure you are not hitting the side keys by accident? Doing so
>> will
>> change the ringstyles, try setting a Lock Application on the
>> ringstyles, so
>> you have to enter a password to change it, and see if the problem
>> continues.
>> "davidT" <tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> The ring style of my V551 keeps automatically changing its ring style
>>> from "vibrate & ring" to other styles without any reason. Therefore, I
>>> need to frequently check the it. This also happened to my former C375
>>> phone. Does anyone have the same experience?
>>>
>>> davidT
>>

> CJD, thanks very much for asking me if I have hit any side keys that
> would have changed the ring style. I have now find out that, if I hit
> the Smart Key on the phone's left side, it does change it. Could you
> please tell me how to set a Lock Application on the ringstyles as you
> have so kindly suggested? Thanks!
>
> davidT

Dear CJD,

I am very glad to have now found the way for locking this application
and others. Please don't waste any more of your precious time to write
me about it! Anyway, please accept my sincerest thanks for your
valuable advice.

Regards,
davidT
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 8:34:14 PM

"davidT" <tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com> wrote in message
news:p aOdnVKX0-Nf1xvfRVn-tg@rogers.com...
> davidT wrote:
> > CJD wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure you are not hitting the side keys by accident? Doing so
> >> will
> >> change the ringstyles, try setting a Lock Application on the
> >> ringstyles, so
> >> you have to enter a password to change it, and see if the problem
> >> continues.
> >> "davidT" <tdavid@removethisfirst.rogers.com> wrote in message

> > CJD, thanks very much for asking me if I have hit any side keys that
> > would have changed the ring style. I have now find out that, if I hit
> > the Smart Key on the phone's left side, it does change it. Could you
> > please tell me how to set a Lock Application on the ringstyles as you
> > have so kindly suggested? Thanks!
> >
> > davidT
> >
> Dear CJD,
>
> I am very glad to have now found the way for locking this application
> and others. Please don't waste any more of your precious time to write
> me about it! Anyway, please accept my sincerest thanks for your
> valuable advice.
>
> Regards,
> davidT

Sure thing.