Can a Verizon MI424WR wirelessly connect to a D-Link router?

njjoe57

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I have Verizon FIOS operating through the MI424WR. I would like to install a surveillance cam in a building 100' from my house. Unfortunately I cannot run wire to the building so I was hoping to use a pair of unused D-Link routers to handle the communication. Is it possible to use one D-Link router as a "base" wired directly to the MI424WR and the other as a "remote" wired to the camera? If so, how do you suggest I configure them?

Is it possible to use a single "remote" D-Link router that communicates directly with the MI424WR? That would be the preferred set-up.

I am lost and appreciate any assistance you can give me.

-njjoe

njjoe57

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Thank you John. I appreciate you taking the time to answer this newbies question.

Not to sound ungrateful but I was hoping for something a bit more model-specific. I checked the archives but could not find any info.

With so many FIOS routers out there there just has to be another application similar to mine.

Thanks again.

-njjoe

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
No it is the dlinks that need the feature. From what you said I figured you were going to cable one of the dlinks to the verizon so that is supported since it is just a ethernet cable. It is the ability to run in bridge/client mode on the far one that is in question.

You would really only need one dlink running in bridge/client mode and have it directly talk to your fios. I figure you might not be doing that because you dlinks did not support the proper encryption or you had forced the fios to run N only for a performance gain.