Sign in with
Your question

Keyboard problems

Last response: in Windows 7
May 30, 2012 5:53:11 AM

Hello,
I recently got a usb keyboard from one of my friends and have been using it for a few days with my laptop, the keyboard worked completely fine up until today when i turned my computer on i noticed only the 1234567890 keys were responding, which is odd because it's in perfect condition, i dont see why it would randomly stop working, when i click the caps lock keys and any other buttons nothing happens yet when i click caps lock on the laptop itself it lights up on the keyboard itself, the keyboard i have is a "mi"? no clue on the model because i did not purchase it, I feel like it might have to do with the drivers yet i uninstalled the driver for the keyboard and pluged it back in and it still doesn't work :/  I don't have a restore, and i'm not sure if it's relivant but I just updated my computer before it stopped working, btw numlock is off Please help!

More about : keyboard problems

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 30, 2012 6:09:37 AM

sheldoncurtiss said:
Hello,
I recently got a usb keyboard from one of my friends and have been using it for a few days with my laptop, the keyboard worked completely fine up until today when i turned my computer on i noticed only the 1234567890 keys were responding, which is odd because it's in perfect condition, i dont see why it would randomly stop working, when i click the caps lock keys and any other buttons nothing happens yet when i click caps lock on the laptop itself it lights up on the keyboard itself, the keyboard i have is a "mi"? no clue on the model because i did not purchase it, I feel like it might have to do with the drivers yet i uninstalled the driver for the keyboard and pluged it back in and it still doesn't work :/  I don't have a restore, and i'm not sure if it's relivant but I just updated my computer before it stopped working, btw numlock is off Please help!

Win7 (& Vista) like to decide they have a better driver than the one being used ! - Did you reboot after uninstalling driver ? - Rolling back the driver after the update, may have solved the issues, but since you uninstalled, ???

You could try Windows restore to date prior to the update.
m
l
!