Using Motorola v551 with Mac or Win98

Last response: in Brands
May 16, 2005 12:24:28 PM

I just purchased a Motorola v551 and am looking for an easy way to
download the pictures to my computer. I have a Mac running OS9.8 and a
PC running Win98. I see that the Phone Tools software from Motorola
does not appear to support either of those platforms, even though I
have no issues running other USB products (printers, digital camera,
Palm, etc.) on them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

--
duhki
Anonymous

In article <duhki.1p4fb0@mobile-forum.co.uk>, duhki
<duhki.1p4fb0@mobile-forum.co.uk> wrote:

>I just purchased a Motorola v551 and am looking for an easy way todownload the
>pictures to my computer. I have a Mac running OS9.8 and aPC running Win98. I
>see that the Phone Tools software from Motoroladoes not appear to support
>either of those platforms, even though Ihave no issues running other USB
>products (printers, digital camera,Palm, etc.) on them.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions?

Os 9.8 must by a typo but you would need OsX to give you Bluetooth
functionality. Maybe if you know someone with OsX you could send your
photos to that computer and then pair up with your phone from there.

The only other option would be to get your photos to the phone via
email.

As you say Phone Tools won't work in any MacOs and a USB cable would
only enable you to use iSync at best, which wouldn't help with photo
transfers.

Stan
!