HoloTheWise

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2013
Hello all

I am having huge issues with FTP

This is what happened -

Ive been using VPS servers for a while, and I of course, connected to them via filezilla. Usually, when I press the connect key, It takes 1-3 seconds (MAX) to load up, authorize everything, and to load the directories. And I have not had an issue at all.

But today, I go out to McDonalds. get some food, chill, all is well - then I head home, hop on my desktop, and get ready to work on my vps, I start up the pc, with no issues, and open filezilla then press the connect for my vps- it just says

(note i hid my ip for privacy reasons)

"Status: Connecting to 206.217.xxx.xx...
Response: fzSftp started
Command: open "root@206.217.xxx.xx" 22"
and it just sat there for a 2-5 seconds (already much longer then connecting to ftp usually takes to load completly)
then It says
"Command: Pass: *****************************
and now it sits there for about 20seconds to 1 minuate - it will usually now eather connect, or not connect-

if it connects, it take a little longer to load the DIR's - and if I try to navigate through the folders, it takes a very very long time to go to each -

ok - sounds like a fixable issue - right?

I try to connect to another one of my vps's – located in a different state and though a different provider – same thing –

at this point, I have isolated the issue to eather my desktop or my home network!! YAY!!!!

this is when things get, weird... :bounce:

I try to connect to my vps via my galaxy s3 on my 3g network – same... thing for all of my vps's -

I then headed over to my grandmothers house, and used HER internet (different ISP then mine at home) and my laptop – still the same thing for ALL servers...

Idk what or who to even ask, but at this point, could my answer just be that the universe is against me? I personally think the government is tracking me...