Steam updates and hdd space in general

burrellbuzzman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Hi,

I guess this is a nooby question, anyway... i tried to update steam earlier and it was a 13.44mb download and it stopped at 13.22mb so i cancelled it and tried it a couple more times, but it just wouldn't work... anyway in the end I got round this by installing it on my other xp pc and then compying those files into my steam folder on my win 7 pc. but i just wondered where would the 13.22mb part file be hiding? it's not an issue but i just dont want my hdd clogged up with numerous attempts to try and upgrade the steam client... i looked in appdata but couldnt find any folders suggesting any relivance to steam updates?? so when i cancelled the download did this just dissapear?

I guess i am being picky when i have a 500gb disk with only 60gb used at the moment... but another question i have is, that after deleting some back up restore points my hdd went from 411gb free space to 412gb, then i wiped the free space with glary utilities and then my free space is now 409gb, so how did my computer loose 3gb of space???

I know these are pretty lame, because i still have plenty of space but i judt wondered what was going on, thanks

Rob

burrellbuzzman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

Just deleted the some files from back up on disk cleaner i am back to 413gb sorry guys... i am a noob