V710 question

If I have the USB data cable, can I download the pcitures from the phone to
the PC, or do I always have to "send" them, incurring costs?

Trying to decide whether to move on to the V710 from my current VX4400.

Thanks.... Paul
4 answers Last reply
More about v710 question

    Wait for the v710 replacement, the Motorola E815 which should be out soon
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=663

    tt
    "Paul Simon" <psimon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > If I have the USB data cable, can I download the pcitures from the phone
    > the PC, or do I always have to "send" them, incurring costs?
    >
    > Trying to decide whether to move on to the V710 from my current VX4400.
    >
    > Thanks.... Paul

    if you have alltel: yes, you can download from your phone to your pc
    if you have verizon: I do not think you can*
    if you have us cellular: I do not think you can*

    *without flashing your phone
    hope that helps

    --
    third_i

    RR News wrote:
    > Wait for the v710 replacement, the Motorola E815 which should be out soon
    > http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=663
    >
    > tt
    > "Paul Simon" <psimon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>If I have the USB data cable, can I download the pcitures from the phone to
    >>the PC, or do I always have to "send" them, incurring costs?
    >>
    >>Trying to decide whether to move on to the V710 from my current VX4400.
    >>
    >>Thanks.... Paul

    While it may let you watch videos over the air, take better pictures,
    and have some mechanical issues improved, there's no reason to believe
    that the 815 will be any less crippled than the 710 in the Bluetooth /
    file transfer area. The "contractual agreements with GetItNow providers"
    which VZW attributes as the reason for the 710 restrictions will still
    apply to the 815.

    You can always move pictures back and forth between the phone and the PC
    for free with the TransFlash card. This functionality hasn't been
    disabled (yet).

    Use the transflash card in your V710 to take advantage of the 1.2 mega pixel
    resolution and use you SD reader in your PC for the picture transfer.

    Chris

    "Paul Simon" <psimon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > If I have the USB data cable, can I download the pcitures from the phone
    > the PC, or do I always have to "send" them, incurring costs?
    >
    > Trying to decide whether to move on to the V710 from my current VX4400.
    >
    > Thanks.... Paul

Motorola