Motorola v551 newbie question

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 17, 2005 6:07:00 PM

I just purchased a Motorola v551 and would like to know what would I need to
make ringtones from music that I already have on my hard drive.... I assume
the would be software, if so, where is the best place to purchase it....

Thanks
May 17, 2005 6:07:01 PM

You will need Motorola Mobile Phone Tools software to put the newly
created ringtones on the V551. It comes with the ability to take
music files you have stored on your hard drive and create ringtones
from them. You can also make them any length you want, take any
portion of the music you want, change tempo, fade, etc. Really pretty
slick. You can find MPT on Ebay at a very reasonable cost. Once you
own an original disk, you can update to the latest free.

On Tue, 17 May 2005 14:07:00 -0400, "Gary" <glskls77@suscom.net>
wrote:

>I just purchased a Motorola v551 and would like to know what would I need to
>make ringtones from music that I already have on my hard drive.... I assume
>the would be software, if so, where is the best place to purchase it....
>
>Thanks

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 12:02:48 AM

Mobile Phone Tools is handy, but you don't really need it to transfer a
sound file to the phone ... I was able to transfer sound and pictures to my
v551 via bluetooth while waiting for the MPT to arrive. The phone
apparently intrinsicly knows what to do with standard files.

You would need a bluetooth "dongle" for your PC, with which you make a
connection. Then you right-click the file you want to transfer and "send
to -> bluetooth -> listed phone".

If you want to edit the sound file prior to sending, try something like
WavePad (download from www).

I use the MPT to do multiple things (calendar, sound, pictures) in a single
session, but if only one file needs to be transferred, the procedure above
is much faster. The MPT came with a USB cable, but it also works with
bluetooth, which is much simpler to use (the USB connection must be done in
a specified sequence).

good luck

!