V551 questions, not in the manual.

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
May 18, 2005 12:12:24 AM

i have a V551 and there are some features in the menu that i could not find
precise info about:

1. The Speed is SLOW, what is the deal with the faster or continuous
settings? Do they affect battery life and do they improve reception or call
quality? Is this setting network only, ir it regards the bluetooth
connection as well?

2. Under "Other Information", what is S/W and DSP S/W?

3. I have read about battery save features, but how come they are not
present in my menus, but i do have them in my manual?

4. I have read about the benefits of upgrading the firmware. But where can i
find a list with all these updates and are they provider locked? Do they
differ from Canada to US? From Cingular to Rogers?

5. Anybody know what is the latest flex version for V551 and lastest S/W
version?

thx

More about : v551 questions manual

May 19, 2005 3:26:12 PM

S/W= software
DSP=Digital Signal Processor
SLOW refers to the network scanning speed when phone has to find a new GSM
network. Medium is normally the default. It probably almost never has to do
the scanning so don't worry about it.

Since you weren't familar with what S/W and DSP were, have to assume you may
not be technically capable of doing more involved things, particularly
upgrading a phone. If you do something wrong, the phone could be rendered
useless, forever. Or you could have other difficulties with browser or MMS
settings as they may be changed.

In other words, if your phone is working fine, don't mess with it.

--
Steve
"x.C" <email> wrote in message news:mJidnRAQUYi35xffRVn-2w@rogers.com...
> i have a V551 and there are some features in the menu that i could not
> find precise info about:
>
> 1. The Speed is SLOW, what is the deal with the faster or continuous
> settings? Do they affect battery life and do they improve reception or
> call quality? Is this setting network only, ir it regards the bluetooth
> connection as well?
>
> 2. Under "Other Information", what is S/W and DSP S/W?
>
> 3. I have read about battery save features, but how come they are not
> present in my menus, but i do have them in my manual?
>
> 4. I have read about the benefits of upgrading the firmware. But where can
> i find a list with all these updates and are they provider locked? Do they
> differ from Canada to US? From Cingular to Rogers?
>
> 5. Anybody know what is the latest flex version for V551 and lastest S/W
> version?
>
> thx

Anonymous
May 20, 2005 12:43:58 AM

thx for the reply.
i am still trying to find a list of bugfixes and improvements regarding the
latest firmware upgrade.
seems a bit slow when open flip to asnwer phone, like a delay of 1-2 seconds
untill i can click on answer or ignore.

news:o J_ie.4069$M36.4025@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net...

!