Help with capturing video!!

webwalker00

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2003
Hi, I am very new to this. I don't even know if this is possible but here is what I would like to do. I have a Radeon 9700 Pro video card. I have an RCA camcorder, I am wondering if it's possible to hook my Camcorder up to my video card using the S-video ports and then Capture my videos to my PC some how? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

14Dx

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
I'm pretty sure the non-All-in-wonder doesn't have video in. If you want to import analog video the cheapest way to go is a TV tuner/capture card for about $50 from BestBuy or a similar store. Cheaper online if you look.

If its not broken, you're not trying hard enough.

bobmitch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2002
The AIW Radeon comes with a connector that contains an S Video adapter plus the analog inputs for video (yellow) and sound (red and white). You must connect the gray connector to the s video in on the video card. Then take the s video out connector on the video card and connect it to the audio in of your sound card. You are now properly connected to input both audio and video. Of course you will have to play with the audio in levels of your sound card until you are satisfied that it is correct for you. Now...install your video capture drivers (WDM) if you have not yet done it. Then put in your ATI CD and install the DVD decoder drivers and multimedia center 8 only. No need to reinstall your drivers if the card is working properly.

Now that you have all of this done...connect your camcorder to the "dongle" that is attached to the video card. Open multimedia center and go to the TV part. In TV...setup either S video in or composite (if connected via RCA jacks). There is an online guide to help you further fine tune the video / audio in...but the All in Wonder card does everything you need to import and export video, etc. There is NO need for an additional capture board...it is on the card.

Bob

TRENDING THREADS