Your question

PSU Questions

Tags:
  • Floppy Disk
  • Hard Drives
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 6, 2003 12:07:22 AM

I'm currently building an amd 2700+, 512 mb Corsair ram, Radeon 9700, LiteOn cdrw, floppy, A7VX8 mobo, SeaGate 60mb 7200 rpm HDD, and I have a 420w psu.

Anyhow, I was wondering with the connectors does it matter which line goes to what part? ,and Is it possible to put too much on one line, forsay a line from the psu goes to my floppy then to my vid card, then to my harddrive. Is that too much?

More about : psu questions

January 6, 2003 4:03:54 PM

Wouldn't be a problem as the lines are made to carry several amps... and they all join once inside the PSU.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.
January 7, 2003 12:35:21 AM

420W should be fine, provided its not a super cheap generic (crap) PSU.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 7, 2003 2:40:24 AM

Could someone please take the time to give me a link/list of all the power supplu things I need to check before I hit the on button? Thanks
January 7, 2003 5:38:14 AM

If you mean things to make sure of when connecting everything, well, its not that hard. Everything fits where its supposed to go, so don't worry, you can't make a mistake. Just make sure to either unplug the powercord from the PSU (or turn off the rear switch) before plugging everything in, then go ahead a plug away (for an athlon board, you'll only use one of the motherboard plugs - the larger rectangular one by the way). Otherwise try and keep it all plugged "neatly" for convenience (and not to hinder airflow) using tie-wraps, split loom, heatshrink, spiral wrap, whatever ! If you've got more specific questions feel free to ask.

Ahhh! It's 2003 and wait, whats this!? My computer didn't blow up! ... Well damn, there goes my new Athlon @ 333FSB and my inssurance claim... heheheh
!