Chieftec case / ps Q

Squidmaster

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
I'm about to get a new system built, and I'm afraid my original case choice (Antec 1080 in beige) won't be available. For whatever reason, nobody seems to carry anything but the AMG now. Perhaps it's foolish, but all of my other parts are beige, and I can't imagine this would look any good in a silver case. Anyway, I've been trying to find alternates so I can just swap right away if it isn't in stock at the local place, and obviously I started with chieftec since it's the same case. I can build a very similar case to the Antec with a 430W Enermax power supply for $162 online including shipping, but then I spotted a deal over at newegg that offers the same basic case (DX-01WD) complete with a Foxconn power supply for $75 and free shipping. Now, it wouldn't have the front usb or anything, but it seems like an amazing deal. Is this a safe bet, or is something fishy going on here? Also, would you think this power supply would be of good quality? Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'll go out on a limb here and say I believe the power supply will be of medium quality and competitive with top quality power supplies of a 50W lesser rating.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>