PCI E Graphic card

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
It has to be a PCI Express card.
Around ? 150,- euro

I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......

My system is:
P4 3,2 gig
Asus P5GD1 - VM
512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
200 Gig harddisk

Thanks in advance.
JOhn
7 answers Last reply
More about graphic card
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Anything will do, lets not start another fs2004 debate

    "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
    > I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
    > It has to be a PCI Express card.
    > Around ? 150,- euro
    >
    > I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......
    >
    > My system is:
    > P4 3,2 gig
    > Asus P5GD1 - VM
    > 512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
    > 200 Gig harddisk
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > JOhn

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    On 7/3/2005 8:30 AM John brightened our day with:

    >I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
    >It has to be a PCI Express card.
    >Around ? 150,- euro
    >
    >I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......
    >
    >My system is:
    >P4 3,2 gig
    >Asus P5GD1 - VM
    >512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
    >200 Gig harddisk
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >JOhn

    Get an nVidia 6600 GT. Exactly your price range.

    --
    "I don't feel tardy"

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    huh?
    "Mike" <mike@yahoo-mail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Anything will do, lets not start another fs2004 debate
    >
    > "John" <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote in message
    >> I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
    >> It has to be a PCI Express card.
    >> Around ? 150,- euro
    >>
    >> I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......
    >>
    >> My system is:
    >> P4 3,2 gig
    >> Asus P5GD1 - VM
    >> 512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
    >> 200 Gig harddisk
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >> JOhn

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:30:25 +0200, John <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote:

    > I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
    > It has to be a PCI Express card.
    > Around ? 150,- euro
    >
    > I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......
    >
    > My system is:
    > P4 3,2 gig
    > Asus P5GD1 - VM
    > 512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
    > 200 Gig harddisk
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > JOhn

    I have a 6600GT and i can set nearly everything to max. Im very happy with
    that card and can recommend it to everyone.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    I have a ATI Radeon x800PE It works great on Far Cry And HL2

    R.

    Markus wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:30:25 +0200, John <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote:
    >
    >> I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
    >> It has to be a PCI Express card.
    >> Around ? 150,- euro
    >>
    >> I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......
    >>
    >> My system is:
    >> P4 3,2 gig
    >> Asus P5GD1 - VM
    >> 512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
    >> 200 Gig harddisk
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >> JOhn
    >>

    > I have a 6600GT and i can set nearly everything to max. Im very happy
    > with that card and can recommend it to everyone.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Sorry the X800 is not PCI Express

    R.

    Markus wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:30:25 +0200, John <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote:
    >
    >> I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
    >> It has to be a PCI Express card.
    >> Around ? 150,- euro
    >>
    >> I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......
    >>
    >> My system is:
    >> P4 3,2 gig
    >> Asus P5GD1 - VM
    >> 512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
    >> 200 Gig harddisk
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >> JOhn
    >>

    > I have a 6600GT and i can set nearly everything to max. Im very happy
    > with that card and can recommend it to everyone.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware,alt.games,alt.games.half-life2,microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    the ATI x700 PCI-E is a good card for half life 2 also. I have the Built by
    ATI version and it works great.

    -jeff
    "Rick" <RickH40@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry the X800 is not PCI Express
    >
    > R.
    >
    > Markus wrote:
    >> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:30:25 +0200, John <johnvanzon@quicknet.nl> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want to buy a new graphic card. Wich one do you suggest.
    >>> It has to be a PCI Express card.
    >>> Around ? 150,- euro
    >>>
    >>> I play Half Life 2 - Far Cry - ......
    >>>
    >>> My system is:
    >>> P4 3,2 gig
    >>> Asus P5GD1 - VM
    >>> 512 MB ( up to 1024 MB)
    >>> 200 Gig harddisk
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>> JOhn
    >>>

    >> I have a 6600GT and i can set nearly everything to max. Im very happy
    >> with that card and can recommend it to everyone.

Games Graphics Cards PCI Express Video Games Product