Moto T731 & Mobile PhoneTools

Last response: in Brands
May 22, 2005 9:58:40 AM

Anyone here able to install the USB drivers for their Motorola phone? WinXP
(SP2) keeps giving me the "USB device is not recognized" error, which
prevents me from using the Mobile PhoneTools software, thanks.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 3:02:18 PM

The MPT disk contains the drivers. You need to make sure you delete the
Motorola phone from Device Manager under modems and maybe under ports.
Next, install MPT from the disk. Start MPT and then and ONLY then, plug
the phone into the USB port.

From:steeper
steeper(nospam)@shaw.ca

> Anyone here able to install the USB drivers for their Motorola phone?
> WinXP (SP2) keeps giving me the "USB device is not recognized" error,
> which prevents me from using the Mobile PhoneTools software, thanks.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 9:32:58 PM

Thanks I will try that again, I believe I have done this already though....

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
> The MPT disk contains the drivers. You need to make sure you delete the
> Motorola phone from Device Manager under modems and maybe under ports.
> Next, install MPT from the disk. Start MPT and then and ONLY then, plug
> the phone into the USB port.
>
> From:steeper
> steeper(nospam)@shaw.ca
>
>> Anyone here able to install the USB drivers for their Motorola phone?
>> WinXP (SP2) keeps giving me the "USB device is not recognized" error,
>> which prevents me from using the Mobile PhoneTools software, thanks.

May 22, 2005 10:29:16 PM

1.Verify and remove any Motorola items in device manager under modems, ports
and USB controller

2.Fresh install of MPT3.0

3.Reboot computer

4.Open MPT

5.Open default profile

6.Select USB cable from menu

7.Plug cable into phone, turn on phone, plug into USB port once phone is
powered up

8.MPT "please wait, your phone is being installed"

9. WinXP(sp2) "USB device detected and being installed"

10.WinXP(sp2) "Your device is installed and ready to use"

11.MPT still showing spinning clock and setup window

12.WinXP(sp2) "USB device not recognized" blah blah blah

13.MPT setup now closed and a phone is diplayed on my desktop

14.Display in phone shows "intializing..."

15.Checked device manager and it shows the following;
modems- standard modem
ports- com1
com2
printer
USB controller
unknown device

16.MPT still showing "Intializing..."

17.Now what?

Motorola T731, using a SKN6311B USD data cable, tested USB ports, they work
fine
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 2:14:05 AM

Unplug phone, remove battery for 30 seconds, turn phone back on, plug in
cable, redetect phone. Not guaranteed but it's worked for me. I've
found that the battery removal trick often solves the problem.

From:steeper
steeper(nospam)@shaw.ca

> 1.Verify and remove any Motorola items in device manager under
> modems, ports and USB controller
>
> 2.Fresh install of MPT3.0
>
> 3.Reboot computer
>
> 4.Open MPT
>
> 5.Open default profile
>
> 6.Select USB cable from menu
>
> 7.Plug cable into phone, turn on phone, plug into USB port once phone
> is powered up
>
> 8.MPT "please wait, your phone is being installed"
>
> 9. WinXP(sp2) "USB device detected and being installed"
>
> 10.WinXP(sp2) "Your device is installed and ready to use"
>
> 11.MPT still showing spinning clock and setup window
>
> 12.WinXP(sp2) "USB device not recognized" blah blah blah
>
> 13.MPT setup now closed and a phone is diplayed on my desktop
>
> 14.Display in phone shows "intializing..."
>
> 15.Checked device manager and it shows the following;
> modems- standard modem
> ports- com1
> com2
> printer
> USB controller
> unknown device
>
> 16.MPT still showing "Intializing..."
>
> 17.Now what?
>
> Motorola T731, using a SKN6311B USD data cable, tested USB ports,
> they work fine
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 3:20:55 AM

I appreciate your help and suggestions, it looks like this is a new
issue......

> Unplug phone, remove battery for 30 seconds, turn phone back on, plug in
> cable, redetect phone. Not guaranteed but it's worked for me. I've found
> that the battery removal trick often solves the problem.
>
> From:steeper
> steeper(nospam)@shaw.ca
>
>> 1.Verify and remove any Motorola items in device manager under
>> modems, ports and USB controller
>>
>> 2.Fresh install of MPT3.0
>>
>> 3.Reboot computer
>>
>> 4.Open MPT
>>
>> 5.Open default profile
>>
>> 6.Select USB cable from menu
>>
>> 7.Plug cable into phone, turn on phone, plug into USB port once phone
>> is powered up
>>
>> 8.MPT "please wait, your phone is being installed"
>>
>> 9. WinXP(sp2) "USB device detected and being installed"
>>
>> 10.WinXP(sp2) "Your device is installed and ready to use"
>>
>> 11.MPT still showing spinning clock and setup window
>>
>> 12.WinXP(sp2) "USB device not recognized" blah blah blah
>>
>> 13.MPT setup now closed and a phone is diplayed on my desktop
>>
>> 14.Display in phone shows "intializing..."
>>
>> 15.Checked device manager and it shows the following;
>> modems- standard modem
>> ports- com1
>> com2
>> printer
>> USB controller
>> unknown device
>>
>> 16.MPT still showing "Intializing..."
>>
>> 17.Now what?
>>
>> Motorola T731, using a SKN6311B USD data cable, tested USB ports,
>> they work fine

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 3:59:35 AM

Have you upgraded MPT to the very latest version (3.25b as of 5/22/05)
using live update? Since you have a newer model that would be important.
If so, you might try Data Pilot (www.datapilot.com) which lists the T730
series as supported. You don't have to buy their cable, just the
software. I have Data Pilot too and it's a good program, well supported.

From:steeper
steeper(nospam)@shaw.ca

!