5.1 surround routing cabable small mixer?

Last response: in Home Audio
December 21, 2004 12:33:12 PM

Small footprint, light mixer for basic 5.1 monitoring
in presentation use and project studio.

something 4-bus with pre-aux for subwoofer for example.
inputs for at least 10 channels but again not over 14ch or
so since goes too big in this need.

-jukka
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 5:30:44 PM

In article <3lQxd.2145$4T7.1796@reader1.news.jippii.net>,
"J.A.A." <hyeena@fi.sci> wrote:

> Small footprint, light mixer for basic 5.1 monitoring
> in presentation use and project studio.
>
> something 4-bus with pre-aux for subwoofer for example.
> inputs for at least 10 channels but again not over 14ch or
> so since goes too big in this need.
>
> -jukka

Why don't you just get a 5.1 monitor controller? There are inexpensive
ones from Blue Sky and SPL available.

--
Bobby Owsinski
Surround Associates

This suggestion will be beyond what you have specified, but
it might be worth considering after your needs expand past
what you are doing currently.

Think about the Behringer DDX3216 (@USD1000), add one
ADT1616 optical interface card (@USD200), and one ADA8000
(@USD200), download and install Behringer's surround
software and you have quite a nice surround mixing package
without tying up or cobbling together AUX sends for
"surround".

The I/O and routing capabilities of the 3216 are fairly
amazing for the price.

Just a suggestion. Always match your equipment to your
needs, regardless of price.

T Maki

"J.A.A." wrote:

> Small footprint, light mixer for basic 5.1 monitoring
> in presentation use and project studio.
>
> something 4-bus with pre-aux for subwoofer for example.
> inputs for at least 10 channels but again not over 14ch or
> so since goes too big in this need.
>
> -jukka
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 10:48:19 PM

Jukka wrote
<Small footprint, light mixer for basic 5.1 monitoring
in presentation use and project studio.

something 4-bus with pre-aux for subwoofer for example.
inputs for at least 10 channels but again not over 14ch or
so since goes too big in this need.>

Does it have to be a mixer? Do you have a mixer now? Lots of guys use higher
end A/V receivers for this very thing.
!