Small footprint, rackmount mixer

I am looking for a mixer that has at least 8 mic inputs, phantom power,
and preferably 4 aux sends that fits into a 4U or so rack space. I
need to be able to mix at least 4 zones (to send to a 4 channel
multitrack count recorder) usually from at most 3 mic inputs per zone,
as well as provide a mix to the house mains. Am I in wishful thinking
territory? Is there some other means to accomplish this?

thanks

-b
4 answers Last reply
More about small footprint rackmount mixer

    In article <1103639499.539481.141730@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    bassdude <bassdude@gmail.com> wrote:
    >I am looking for a mixer that has at least 8 mic inputs, phantom power,
    >and preferably 4 aux sends that fits into a 4U or so rack space. I
    >need to be able to mix at least 4 zones (to send to a 4 channel
    >multitrack count recorder) usually from at most 3 mic inputs per zone,
    >as well as provide a mix to the house mains. Am I in wishful thinking
    >territory? Is there some other means to accomplish this?

    If your budget enough to get a Speck or the rackmount Crest?
    --scott

    The 8 rack spaces of the Mackie 1604-VLZ Pro with the RotoPod is just
    too much?

    You might want to also consider getting the preamps with phantom power
    separately from the mixer itself. 8 mic pres in one rack space is
    common. Then you could just get the line mixer which will probably be
    easier to find. I don't have any specific ideas on the rackmount line
    mixer, but the XTRAMIX by Speck is a step in the right direction.
    Mackie used to make a 3204 or something, too.

    Cheers,
    Trevor de Clercq

    "bassdude" <bassdude@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a mixer that has at least 8 mic inputs, phantom power,
    > and preferably 4 aux sends that fits into a 4U or so rack space. I
    > need to be able to mix at least 4 zones (to send to a 4 channel
    > multitrack count recorder) usually from at most 3 mic inputs per zone,
    > as well as provide a mix to the house mains. Am I in wishful thinking
    > territory? Is there some other means to accomplish this?
    >
    > thanks

    Does it absolutely have to be 4 HU? That looks like the most seriously
    limiting factor. Eliminate that and the choice opens. From the Mackie 1604
    vlz (Pro) onwards.

    Predrag

    "Predrag Trpkov" <predrag.trpkovNeSpamu@ri.htnet.hr> wrote in message

    > "bassdude" <bassdude@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I am looking for a mixer that has at least 8 mic inputs, phantom power,
    > > and preferably 4 aux sends that fits into a 4U or so rack space. I
    > > need to be able to mix at least 4 zones (to send to a 4 channel
    > > multitrack count recorder) usually from at most 3 mic inputs per zone,
    > > as well as provide a mix to the house mains. Am I in wishful thinking
    > > territory? Is there some other means to accomplish this?
    > >
    > > thanks
    >

    > Does it absolutely have to be 4 HU? That looks like the most seriously
    > limiting factor. Eliminate that and the choice opens. From the Mackie 1604
    > vlz (Pro) onwards.
    >
    > Predrag

    the OP said 4u or so...... or so coudl mean 6u.....

Pro Audio Audio