MPx220 Effecting Computer Speakers???

Last response: in Brands
May 26, 2005 8:05:16 PM

We have had two MPx220's since January and both exhibit the same strange
behavior.

On occasion, whether placed in their sync cradle or not, they cause our
computer speakers to make a buzzing sound.............almost like Morse
code. The same sound can sometimes be heard in our wireless telephone when
the MPx220 is very near, like 12 inches or so.

Bluetooth is not activated on the phones

And, I'm not kidding, my wife and I both have felt something like a tingling
in our sides when the phone is carried on a belt. I thought I was just
having "nerves jumping" in my side until I mentioned it to her and he is
experiencing the same thing. This NOT the vibrator mode, it feels like it
matches the buzzing issue in frequency, only it makes our skin sort of
tingle and twitch, then it's gone.

This is not a joke and I need to know it anyone else has seen or heard of
any of anything like this with these phones.

We have Verizon service in N. California.

Thanks,
Wayne in Gilroy
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:05:17 PM

"NoSpamPlease" <NoSpam55@verizon.net> wrote in message
> We have had two MPx220's since January and both exhibit the same strange
> behavior.
>
> On occasion, whether placed in their sync cradle or not, they cause our
> computer speakers to make a buzzing sound.............almost like Morse
> code. The same sound can sometimes be heard in our wireless telephone
> when the MPx220 is very near, like 12 inches or so.
>
> Bluetooth is not activated on the phones
>
> And, I'm not kidding, my wife and I both have felt something like a
> tingling in our sides when the phone is carried on a belt. I thought I
> was just having "nerves jumping" in my side until I mentioned it to her
> and he is experiencing the same thing. This NOT the vibrator mode, it
> feels like it matches the buzzing issue in frequency, only it makes our
> skin sort of tingle and twitch, then it's gone.
>
> This is not a joke and I need to know it anyone else has seen or heard of
> any of anything like this with these phones.
>
> We have Verizon service in N. California.
>

> Thanks,
> Wayne in Gilroy

As posted here many times, RF from your phone "talking" to the tower is your
problem. The solution, move the phone away from the speakers.

bamp

Anonymous
May 26, 2005 11:50:40 PM

Your cell phone is a radio transmitter. Placed next to a speaker you
will get some noise when the phone is transmitting (which it does
periodically whether you make a call or not). Move the phone futher away
and it will stop. As for the tingling in your leg, that's the
microwaves cooking your flesh. Seriously though, the .6 watt
transmitter on your phone cannot cause the sensations you feel.

From:NoSpamPlease
NoSpam55@verizon.net

> We have had two MPx220's since January and both exhibit the same
> strange behavior.
>
> On occasion, whether placed in their sync cradle or not, they cause
> our computer speakers to make a buzzing sound.............almost like
> Morse code. The same sound can sometimes be heard in our wireless
> telephone when the MPx220 is very near, like 12 inches or so.
>
> Bluetooth is not activated on the phones
>
> And, I'm not kidding, my wife and I both have felt something like a
> tingling in our sides when the phone is carried on a belt. I thought
> I was just having "nerves jumping" in my side until I mentioned it to
> her and he is experiencing the same thing. This NOT the vibrator
> mode, it feels like it matches the buzzing issue in frequency, only
> it makes our skin sort of tingle and twitch, then it's gone.
>
> This is not a joke and I need to know it anyone else has seen or
> heard of any of anything like this with these phones.
>
> We have Verizon service in N. California.
>

> Thanks,
> Wayne in Gilroy
May 27, 2005 1:35:34 PM

The tingling sensation you are experiencing is quite common for California
residents - ;-)

> We have had two MPx220's since January and both exhibit the same strange
> behavior.
>
> On occasion, whether placed in their sync cradle or not, they cause our
> computer speakers to make a buzzing sound.............almost like Morse
> code. The same sound can sometimes be heard in our wireless telephone
when
> the MPx220 is very near, like 12 inches or so.
>
> Bluetooth is not activated on the phones
>
> And, I'm not kidding, my wife and I both have felt something like a
tingling
> in our sides when the phone is carried on a belt. I thought I was just
> having "nerves jumping" in my side until I mentioned it to her and he is
> experiencing the same thing. This NOT the vibrator mode, it feels like it
> matches the buzzing issue in frequency, only it makes our skin sort of
> tingle and twitch, then it's gone.
>
> This is not a joke and I need to know it anyone else has seen or heard of
> any of anything like this with these phones.
>
> We have Verizon service in N. California.
>

> Thanks,
> Wayne in Gilroy

May 28, 2005 1:31:27 AM

Bizarre. I have had the same feeling, that I'm receiving a sort of light
vibration, yet not a vibration, from my MPx220 when in its belt holster.
Also, I have heard a buzzing in my bedside radio and computer speakers when
I'm wearing the phone. Not always, just occasionally, especially when being
turned on. I'm on Cingular in northern California.

Harlan
---
[If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from the
address.]

!