Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Sond issues which only affect one website

Last response: in Windows 7
May 31, 2012 3:55:23 AM

Hello Everyone,

Here I think Ihave a very unique issue.

I have a Sony Vaio S Series, Windows 7 64 bit laptop. Everywhere I play a video I can hear the sound normally except for only in one website where the sound appears to be like whispering and can't really hear anything.

http://www.thebuddhist.tv/

The sound set up I have is using the Virtual Audio Cable which sends the sound to the speaks, hence I can record the stuff in the aforementioned website. (It's religious/buddhist website and my mom sometimes records stuff from there). Since new windows pcs don't come with Stereo Mix, I had to settle with Virtual Audio Cable for recording purposes.

The thing is, in the previously mentioned website, even though I can't hear anything clearly, if I record using Audacity and play back later it plays normally with normal sound. It just in the website itself the sound is very very low and it happens with that website alone.

So I don't know what to fix here.
Any help will be appreciated.
a b $ Windows 7
May 31, 2012 9:39:17 AM

I checked the website but the audio seems fine to me. the video uses adobe flash. I am flash 11.2 installed. which version of flash are you using?
m
l
May 31, 2012 11:12:55 AM

Check the volume control in the lower right corner of the video. It may be turned down. Also Windows does come with "Stereo Mix" but it is disabled by default. I think they are trying to discourage people from recording stuff. You can enable it in the Control Panel. You may need to also enable Stereo Mix in Audacity's Options.

m
l
Related resources
May 31, 2012 1:33:40 PM

nhasian said:
I checked the website but the audio seems fine to me. the video uses adobe flash. I am flash 11.2 installed. which version of flash are you using?

I forgot to state that, it only happens with this laptop (the Sony Vaio S Series), I have another laptop and also asked my sister to check out like you did, and it seems to work fine as you said.

The problem I have is, the sound doesn't come out only in in that website from this laptop.
1. All the other websites, (Youtube Yahoo Videos etc....), the videos works fine on this specific laptop.
2. In all other PCs, the website seems to work fine.

This is why it is difficult for me to find where the root of the problem is?

I used to have flash 11.1 installed and I installed the latest version 11.2, but it didn't improve it.

Like I said, the sound comes, but it is bearly audible. And if I record the bearly audible sound and play it back it plays fine.

@ Max Collodi,

I checked the volume control in did so many chenges and adjustments to it, but my problem doesn't improve. The thing is sound works fine for all the other websites. So I was thinking it has to do with this specific website. But the other thing is, other PCs can properly hear to the sound from this website, its only this laptop.
m
l
May 31, 2012 4:05:51 PM

nhasian said:

I uploaded a video to youtube to show what's going on. If you watch that you will understand my problem.!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAU5JVCkrSU
m
l
June 17, 2012 3:09:44 AM

Just wanted to say, I figured out, what's wrong with the laptop for not giving out the sound for that particular website.
That website is using 1 channel Mono sound, and my laptop has had the Virtual Audio Cable set to 2 Channel Stereo (not the speakers, but the virtual audio cable settings).
So as the sound output in the website and the sound out put in the intermediary Sound device (virtual Audio Cable) is not compatible, I was hearing a whispering sound.
As soon as I changed the 2 Channel Stereo in to ! channel Mono in Virtual Audio Cable settings to make it compatible with the website's sound output, I could hear the website's sound normally.

Thank you for everyone's suggestions.
m
l
!