  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
July 12, 2005 4:27:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games,alt.games.alt-config,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Hi, have tried to load The Sims Deluxe Edition onto my grandaughters PC
twice & the installation has failed twice. Both times it came up with the
message "Component transfer error"

Has anyone encountered this & what did you do to solve it?

She has just acquired a brand new XP PC & I disabled the virus program
before installing.

jez.

More about : sims deluxe edition load error

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 8:01:21 PM

"jez" <jez@nobeans.com> wrote in message
> Hi, have tried to load The Sims Deluxe Edition onto my grandaughters PC
> twice & the installation has failed twice. Both times it came up with the
> message "Component transfer error"
>
> Has anyone encountered this & what did you do to solve it?
>
> She has just acquired a brand new XP PC & I disabled the virus program
> before installing.
>
> jez.

Did you buy the game new or is it an old disk? You might have scratches on
the CDs.

Jeanie