Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HS850 vs HS80??? Any BT 2.0 Headsets available?

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 27, 2005 6:37:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I'm trying to decide on which one of these two BT headsets to purchase
to use with a V330. The V330 is said to be BT 2.0 compliant, yet both of
these headsets support only BT 1.2 (I believe).

Two question for the group:

1) What if any differences are there between these two Motorola BT headsets?

2) Are there any BT 2.0 headsets currently available that will work with
the V330?

Thanks!
SFB

More about : hs850 hs80 headsets

May 27, 2005 6:39:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Big OOOOPs... I meant HS 850 vs HS 820

SFB wrote:

> I'm trying to decide on which one of these two BT headsets to purchase
> to use with a V330. The V330 is said to be BT 2.0 compliant, yet both of
> these headsets support only BT 1.2 (I believe).
>
> Two question for the group:
>
> 1) What if any differences are there between these two Motorola BT
> headsets?
>
> 2) Are there any BT 2.0 headsets currently available that will work with
> the V330?
>
> Thanks!
> SFB
>
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 10:35:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

The 850 has longer talk/standby time, has louder sound, and the boom folds
and all you have to do is flip it open and it connects very fast.
The 820 has less talk/standby, seems too low in sound, and it doesn't quite
seal in sound like the 850 does with it rubber seal. You don't have to pair
each time you use it, but it is still more of a hassle.
I have had both and can say the 850 looks, sounds, and feels better then the
820. Both are worth the $s though, but you will be happier spending the
10/20 bucks more and getting the HS850 IMHO
"SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
news:IsWdnYA-3ZkBDgrfRVn-1w@comcast.com...
> Big OOOOPs... I meant HS 850 vs HS 820
>
> SFB wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to decide on which one of these two BT headsets to purchase
> > to use with a V330. The V330 is said to be BT 2.0 compliant, yet both of
> > these headsets support only BT 1.2 (I believe).
> >
> > Two question for the group:
> >
> > 1) What if any differences are there between these two Motorola BT
> > headsets?
> >
> > 2) Are there any BT 2.0 headsets currently available that will work with
> > the V330?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > SFB
> >
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 27, 2005 10:35:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

Thanks for you comments and input. I am leaning towards the 850 now but
will try and find a shop that has both to see how much more the extra
weight (minor) is as compared to the 820. It looks like the on/off via
moving the boom is much more convenient.

Since I wear glasses, I better try them both on first... thanks again
for the detailed answer.

SFB

CJD wrote:
> The 850 has longer talk/standby time, has louder sound, and the boom folds
> and all you have to do is flip it open and it connects very fast.
> The 820 has less talk/standby, seems too low in sound, and it doesn't quite
> seal in sound like the 850 does with it rubber seal. You don't have to pair
> each time you use it, but it is still more of a hassle.
> I have had both and can say the 850 looks, sounds, and feels better then the
> 820. Both are worth the $s though, but you will be happier spending the
> 10/20 bucks more and getting the HS850 IMHO
> "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
> news:IsWdnYA-3ZkBDgrfRVn-1w@comcast.com...
>
>>Big OOOOPs... I meant HS 850 vs HS 820
>>
>>SFB wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I'm trying to decide on which one of these two BT headsets to purchase
>>>to use with a V330. The V330 is said to be BT 2.0 compliant, yet both of
>>>these headsets support only BT 1.2 (I believe).
>>>
>>>Two question for the group:
>>>
>>>1) What if any differences are there between these two Motorola BT
>>>headsets?
>>>
>>>2) Are there any BT 2.0 headsets currently available that will work with
>>>the V330?
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>SFB
>>>
>>
>
>
May 27, 2005 10:50:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

I have the HS850 and I wear glasses and I find that there is no problem.
Matter of fact it is very comfortable for me to wear and sometimes I forget
it is there. I have heard others talk that you get more talk time with the
HS850 than the othermBT and I do love the folding boom mic. But you are
right. Everyone when spending this much money does need to try it out for
themselves.

SAH
!