AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
Maxtor was great again with the delivery of a replacement drive, received it less than 2 days after I called. It's the 3rd time they send it to me in 2 days after call, now only if I wouldn't have to call them again. :) At least this time the drive is silent, no more loud whining coming from my box.

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>

le_grande_banane

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2002
Gee.. you were lucky... here in Brisbane, Australia it me 2.5 months to replace a brand new 80 gb hdd only 24 hours old when I installed it (into a brand new custom-built system).
Despite sending them hard-copy of diagnostics proving DOA, phone calls to & from their Asia/Pacific HQ in Singapore, weekly phone calls to the dealer, distributor.
On the plus side, they did replace it with a newer model with the fluid bearings. They did tell me I was lucky though ... I could have bought an IBM "DeathStor"!!! ;)

Ciao
Bruce

I surf the internet with a Commodore 64 - Just watch that baby go!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Heh. Im from Melbourne. And i DID have a Deathstar. Took over a month for it to even be processed, and only after repeated emails.

And what did i get in return? Another deathstar Wooo Yaaay! NOT

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>