T3 dead battery

June 5, 2004 10:56:34 PM

My T3 (6 months old) had a dead battery in the morning for the third time
this week. Is this a known problem?
Thanks,
Frans Zantvoort

More about : dead battery

Anonymous
June 5, 2004 10:56:35 PM

"Frans Zantvoort" <FZantvoort.nosspam@t-online.de> wrote in message
> My T3 (6 months old) had a dead battery in the morning for the third time
> this week. Is this a known problem?
> Thanks,
> Frans Zantvoort

A) Do you use your device's Alarm functions? Birthday reminders? If so,
be sure to set one up before moving on to step B.

B) Turn your T3 off.

C) Put it down someplace.

D) Check it every hour, on the hour. Has it turned itself on? Is there an
error message on the screen? I would not be surprised if some application
is causing a fatal error, resulting in the device staying "on" with the
error mesage displayed until the battery has drained and the unit dies.

Carmine Castiglia
http://www.infosystemspro.com
Home of Geo-Matic for the Palm and Decimal Equivalents, Drills & Tap Drills
for the Palm
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 10:56:35 PM

"Frans Zantvoort" <FZantvoort.nosspam@t-online.de> wrote:
>My T3 (6 months old) had a dead battery in the morning for the third time
>this week. Is this a known problem?

No. What's the state of charge when you turn it off at night, and are
there any backup programs that fire up in the middle of the night?

Are you sure it's a dead battery and not just a hung CPU?

--
William Smith
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

I only have ReDo, which has been functioning fine for years (Vx previously).
I have to put the unit in the cradle to get it functioning again, Clock has
been set to zero.
Frans
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 4:42:08 PM

I had unexpectedly many 'Fatal errors' lately, so you might be right.
I will follow your suggestion.
Frans
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 5:26:10 PM

"Carmine Castiglia" wrote:

> A) Do you use your device's Alarm
> functions? Birthday reminders? If so,
> be sure to set one up before moving
> on to step B.
>
> B) Turn your T3 off.
>
> C) Put it down someplace.
>
> D) Check it every hour, on the hour.
> Has it turned itself on? Is there an
> error message on the screen? I would
> not be surprised if some application
> is causing a fatal error, resulting in the
> device staying "on" with the error mesage
> displayed until the battery has drained
> and the unit dies.

Wouldn't it be easier to just leave it in the cradle overnight? If it is
indeed coming on at night and crashing, it will still be there in the
morning, powered by the cradle, with the error message shown.

Dwight Stewart
http://www.qsl.net/w5net/
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 9:41:50 PM

Off memory there is an issue regarding reminders set last year that go off
this year that causes inadvertant power-up.

Can't remember the details, but it was explained on the palm website

"Frans Zantvoort" <FZantvoort.nosspam@t-online.de> wrote in message
> My T3 (6 months old) had a dead battery in the morning for the third time
> this week. Is this a known problem?
> Thanks,
> Frans Zantvoort

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 9:41:51 PM

"Cockpit Colin" <spam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Off memory there is an issue regarding reminders set last year that go off
> this year that causes inadvertant power-up.
>
> Can't remember the details, but it was explained on the palm website
>
> "Frans Zantvoort" <FZantvoort.nosspam@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > My T3 (6 months old) had a dead battery in the morning for the third
time
> > this week. Is this a known problem?
> > Thanks,
> > Frans Zantvoort

Yes, I just read something about that yesterday - a birthday which occurs
after January 1st but has a reminder set to go off prior to January first of
the previous year. Birthday = January 5th, reminder=10 days prior to the
event, for example.

Carmine Castiglia
http://www.infosystemspro.com
Home of Geo-Matic for the Palm and Decimal Equivalents, Drills & Tap Drills
for the Palm
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 11:26:38 PM

Frans,

As other posters have pointed out already, it might be a hung cpu. I
use a really cool utility called CRASH that auto resets your Palm when
a crash occurs. Result: no onscreen error message drainging your
battery. Check out www.79bmedia.com. The utitlity is free.

Wouter

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 18:56:34 +0200, "Frans Zantvoort"

!