Motorola V525 Upload Software

Last response: in Brands
May 29, 2005 2:21:56 PM

Hello everyone...

I have bought a USB data cable off ebay for my V525, and also have a disk
full of ringtones etc. I need to be able to upload to my phone.

I do have the handset manager software (Where the phone appears on pc
screen) but there are no clear instructions how to get a file uploaded.

I have tried conecting via bluetooth and whilst the phone is found I am
unable to transfer a file as PC and phone seem to lose sight of each other.

A note on the CD I bought said to go to a Spanish web site to get the
software but I cant read Spanish and there are no obvious links (It wont
translate using Babelfish either)

Help please...

Stu
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 6:06:14 PM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:21:56 +0000 (UTC), "stuart adair"
<stuartadair@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone...
>
>I have bought a USB data cable off ebay for my V525, and also have a disk
>full of ringtones etc. I need to be able to upload to my phone.
>
>I do have the handset manager software (Where the phone appears on pc
>screen) but there are no clear instructions how to get a file uploaded.
>
>I have tried conecting via bluetooth and whilst the phone is found I am
>unable to transfer a file as PC and phone seem to lose sight of each other.
>
>A note on the CD I bought said to go to a Spanish web site to get the
>software but I cant read Spanish and there are no obvious links (It wont
>translate using Babelfish either)
>
>Help please...
>
>Stu

Are you using Verizon? If so, you should know that they disable their
phones.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 6:21:07 PM

Sorry but this means nothing to me. Where can I download the software I need
to upload ringtones etc.

Ta

Stu

"Anon Y. Mouse" <Squeek@cheese.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:21:56 +0000 (UTC), "stuart adair"
> <stuartadair@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone...
>>
>>I have bought a USB data cable off ebay for my V525, and also have a disk
>>full of ringtones etc. I need to be able to upload to my phone.
>>
>>I do have the handset manager software (Where the phone appears on pc
>>screen) but there are no clear instructions how to get a file uploaded.
>>
>>I have tried conecting via bluetooth and whilst the phone is found I am
>>unable to transfer a file as PC and phone seem to lose sight of each
>>other.
>>
>>A note on the CD I bought said to go to a Spanish web site to get the
>>software but I cant read Spanish and there are no obvious links (It wont
>>translate using Babelfish either)
>>
>>Help please...
>>
>>Stu
>>

> Are you using Verizon? If so, you should know that they disable their
> phones.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 9:27:50 PM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:21:07 +0000 (UTC), "stuart adair"
<stuartadair@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Sorry but this means nothing to me. Where can I download the software I need
>to upload ringtones etc.
>
>Ta
>
>Stu
>
>"Anon Y. Mouse" <Squeek@cheese.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 29 May 2005 10:21:56 +0000 (UTC), "stuart adair"
>> <stuartadair@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello everyone...
>>>
>>>I have bought a USB data cable off ebay for my V525, and also have a disk
>>>full of ringtones etc. I need to be able to upload to my phone.
>>>
>>>I do have the handset manager software (Where the phone appears on pc
>>>screen) but there are no clear instructions how to get a file uploaded.
>>>
>>>I have tried conecting via bluetooth and whilst the phone is found I am
>>>unable to transfer a file as PC and phone seem to lose sight of each
>>>other.
>>>
>>>A note on the CD I bought said to go to a Spanish web site to get the
>>>software but I cant read Spanish and there are no obvious links (It wont
>>>translate using Babelfish either)
>>>
>>>Help please...
>>>
>>>Stu
>>>

>> Are you using Verizon? If so, you should know that they disable their
>> phones.

I was just saying, if your carrier is Verizon you may as well give up
now -- the only thing you can do is back up your phone list, edit your
phone book, send text messages, and use your phone as a modem.
Anything to do with multimedia is disabled. If you don't use Verizon
then look on ebay for software. All that I have tried work.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 10:55:34 PM

Ok thanks. Its a Vodaphone one. Is the software available on the internet
anywhere for free download ?

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:21:07 +0000 (UTC), "stuart adair"
> <stuartadair@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

>>Sorry but this means nothing to me. Where can I download the software I
>>need
>>to upload ringtones etc.
>>
>>Ta
>>
>>Stu
>>
>>"Anon Y. Mouse" <Squeek@cheese.com> wrote in message

>>> Are you using Verizon? If so, you should know that they disable their
>>> phones.
>>
> I was just saying, if your carrier is Verizon you may as well give up
> now -- the only thing you can do is back up your phone list, edit your
> phone book, send text messages, and use your phone as a modem.
> Anything to do with multimedia is disabled. If you don't use Verizon
> then look on ebay for software. All that I have tried work.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 12:34:18 AM

Mobile Phone Tools. It's on sale at www.bvrp.com or you can get it on
ebay for less.

From:stuart adair
stuartadair@btopenworld.com

> Ok thanks. Its a Vodaphone one. Is the software available on the
> internet anywhere for free download ?
>
> Stu
>
> "Anon Y. Mouse" <Squeek@cheese.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 29 May 2005 14:21:07 +0000 (UTC), "stuart adair"
>> <stuartadair@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry but this means nothing to me. Where can I download the
>>> software I need
>>> to upload ringtones etc.
>>>
>>> Ta
>>>
>>> Stu
>>>
>>> "Anon Y. Mouse" <Squeek@cheese.com> wrote in message

>> I was just saying, if your carrier is Verizon you may as well give up
>> now -- the only thing you can do is back up your phone list, edit
>> your phone book, send text messages, and use your phone as a modem.
>> Anything to do with multimedia is disabled. If you don't use Verizon
>> then look on ebay for software. All that I have tried work.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 12:08:35 PM

So thats it then - There is nowhere out there that anyone can download the
upload software for free ?

"stuart adair" <stuartadair@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:D 7c544$gf9$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Hello everyone...
>
> I have bought a USB data cable off ebay for my V525, and also have a disk
> full of ringtones etc. I need to be able to upload to my phone.
>
> I do have the handset manager software (Where the phone appears on pc
> screen) but there are no clear instructions how to get a file uploaded.
>
> I have tried conecting via bluetooth and whilst the phone is found I am
> unable to transfer a file as PC and phone seem to lose sight of each
> other.
>
> A note on the CD I bought said to go to a Spanish web site to get the
> software but I cant read Spanish and there are no obvious links (It wont
> translate using Babelfish either)
>
> Help please...
>
> Stu

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 12:20:50 PM

It's not a free product- you have to pay for it or steal it. If you use
Bluetooth you don't need software.

From:stuart adair

!