Cant delete folder, But I have ownership and full control

I was messing around with images on my notebook trying to prepare one for my desktop coming in and I used gimagex to temporarily mount (just saved files to the desktop) the image but I closed out before unmounting it. Now I cant delete them. I have taken ownership and allowed full control. But I still get Access is denied, please get permissions from MyPCname/Me. Since I am the only user other than admin on my pc I still do not know what to do. Its 17GB just sitting on the desktop :(
11 answers Last reply
More about cant delete folder ownership full control
  1. maybe it is lock by gimagex try http://unlocker.en.softonic.com/
  2. I was looking around and found that too. I will def try when I get home. Thanks! :D
  3. I tried all the post above and I still cannot delete the folder. Even when I am on the admin account I get you need permission from mypc/myuser. I am admin ishould not need any permission from anyone!
  4. You can boot from a Linux LiveCD and try to delete the files/folder
  5. you did not do it right, did you follow step one. show me a pic that you have followed step one a pic of your login will do.


    the one on the left is the admin of this pc and users
    the one on the right is admin of the current user only
    I need to see concrete proof you did follow my method before I say this did not work.
    you can only use admin gomer by login for rights to all users


    this pic will show the difference of permissions
  6. remusrigo said:
    You can boot from a Linux LiveCD and try to delete the files/folder


    Thats a good idea. Downloading ubuntu now. Also do you think hirens boot cd or winpe would work?
  7. Anonymous said:
    Thats a good idea. Downloading ubuntu now. Also do you think hirens boot cd or winpe would work?

    when you try to delete does it say file in use please close the file and try again
    or does it say you do not have permission

    You could always put your win 8 cd or *** f8 at boot up and boot into C: prompt
  8. gomerpile said:
    when you try to delete does it say file in use please close the file and try againsor does it say you do not have permission

    You could always put your win 8 cd or *** f8 at boot up and boot into C: prompt


    Nope it says I need permissions from my main user account. Also I will send some screen shots or all the steps I go through when I get home. If I use cmd I would just use the del or deltree command correct?
  9. Anonymous said:
    Nope it says I need permissions from my main user account. Also I will send some screen shots or all the steps I go through when I get home. If I use cmd I would just use the del or deltree command correct?


    If you give me the name of your folder I'll write a C# application or Powershell Script that will delete the folder by invoking the System User
  10. DEL [drive:][path]filename

    cd blowme
    del /a (use if in blowme directory)will delete all files in directory
    cd
    rd blowme this will remove the folder but you cant be in the blowme folder to use rd
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Notebooks Windows 8