Cd and dvd drivers

Hello,
I recently put a new hardrive into my laptop...the last one crashed. I cant watch dvd's or listen to cd's on my laptop now. I have the drive and can hear the disc spinning, but nothing comes up on the screen?

Also, it's a 500 GB internal hardrive, right, but i"m only able to use 250 GB on the C: drive and nothing on the D:drive...please help so I can use all my 500 GB!

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about drivers
  1. Did you reinstall the OS when you fitted the new disk? If so, did you install the hardware drivers required for your computer?
    Also, Windows XP (and Vista if I recall correctly), don't support DVD playback natively, that is, you'll need a DVD/Audio codec to play DVDs.

Have you formatted drive D? Have a look in the disk management software (right click "Computer" then select "Manage", then click "Disk Management". Look for unallocated space on your 500gb disk. Windows 7 has partitioning software built in. You'll be able to resize the disk this way. If you are running XP or Vista, you'll need a 3rd party tool such as Paragon Partition Magic. I believe there is a free version on their site.
  2. To view a DVD you need to buy a special codec. It's not included in the OS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Laptops DVD CD-Rom Windows 7