Sign in with
Your question

I cannot log on to windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
May 31, 2012 3:55:49 PM

Hello,
I have windows 7 and I forgot my password and cannot get past the log in screen. I can't find the administator log in either. I've tried all three safe mode options and they only bring me back to my log in screen. What can I do?

To all. I had a stupid moment posting this ad. It never occured to me that people would think the computer is stollen. Plus I really didn't clarify what I needed.

I simply need to know how to get to the admimistrator's log in screen? I know that password

More about : log windows

a b $ Windows 7
May 31, 2012 4:11:29 PM

Hello, welcome to Toms!

Ask the company where you got your computer from, they should be able to help you out. It is against the TOS to help recover your password, because we don't know if it is yours or not.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
May 31, 2012 4:31:30 PM

Forgot a password you use daily? Uh huh. Ask the person you took it from what their PW is or prove ownership to the company who made it and ask them.
m
l
Related resources
May 31, 2012 5:03:00 PM

vrumor said:
Forgot a password you use daily? Uh huh. Ask the person you took it from what their PW is or prove ownership to the company who made it and ask them.

That's a good answer if I had took it from someone? I have two computers. One I use everyday and the other I 've only used twice. They both belong to the company I work for. SIPS Team USA 229-246-8880 Feel free to call. Ask for Hank. I have tried every password I can remember. I can even go to F2 at boot up and use my password and my administrator password. Works great there, but when I go back to my log in screen and nothing works? But I will try calling Dell. Thanks for the advise.
m
l
May 31, 2012 5:11:52 PM

Chainzsaw said:
Hello, welcome to Toms!

Ask the company where you got your computer from, they should be able to help you out. It is against the TOS to help recover your password, because we don't know if it is yours or not.

Thanks. It never occured to me that people would think the computer was stollen. I had a stupid moment. I'll Give Dell a call.
m
l
May 31, 2012 5:18:26 PM

vrumor said:

vrumor said:

not everybody uses their computer daily <gasp>.
case in point my cousin left for afganistan, came back 6 months later couldn't remember his p/w.
also people change their p/w weekly and daily and can not always remember them. i cite ppl working for the affirmative action in chief and companies that have a time limit on p/w's from my humble exp.
try not to judge until you know the whole situation or circumstance.
m
l
May 31, 2012 5:36:02 PM

If you know the admin password, there should be an option to switch users at the log on screen, when you switch, use: Administrator as the user name and then the password you have for it.
m
l
May 31, 2012 5:44:39 PM

supr3m3justic3 said:
If you know the admin password, there should be an option to switch users at the log on screen, when you switch, use: Administrator as the user name and then the password you have for it.

My windows xp has that option but my windows 7 does not. It only has shutdown options? Strange I know but this is the first time I've ever used windows 7.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
May 31, 2012 6:04:10 PM

Thanx for quoting me twice there f-14. Dont give anyone the benefit of the doubt when they are asking something that is against the ToS of this forum. A lot of people rely on TH for getting legitimate info that they need to fix issues with their PCs. Which is why I, you and everyone else is here, cause we all sought help from here for 1 issue or another. By asking and sometimes getting an answer from users who dont read the ToS, like the OP, it can get TH into trouble. Sorry but the invaluable amount of info on this site is more important then helping someone bypass something that is there for a reason. just my 2 cents, nothing against the OP, but it is against the ToS.
m
l
June 4, 2012 2:28:19 AM

Just reset it, everyting will be ok, right?
m
l
!