Closed Solved

Window 7 RC to Vista

Hello I am using window 7 RC version and as you know the RC is coming to end so i was wondering i can do a clean installation with the window Vista that I used before then use window upgrade home pre version because I'm running window at 32bits but later i want to upgrade my computer and use 64bits which means i cant use OEM cause it only give 1 version and dont want to pay for a full version
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about window vista
  1. Best answer
    You should be able to do that. However, when you upgrade from Vista, you'll have to do a clean install because you cannot upgrade from a 32 bit version to a 64 bit version.
  2. +1 ^ buwish!
  3. Keys are interchangeable between like verisions. If you know someone with a 32bit oem disc you could use it with the key you get from a oem 64 bit verision. It works the other way around too.

What you plan on doing will work too but I would hold off all together on getting windows 7 untill your ready to go x64. There are not a lot of big differences between vista and win7 that would have me going through the trouble your describing.
  4. Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows Vista Windows 7