some questions before I buy AIW 8500DV..

redbean

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Hello,

I am close to purchasing this card for a PC that I am building. It's going to be a 2.8 Ghrtz P4, running on an 845PE intel chipset with 512MB RAM. I am also going to purchase a high-end audio card, called the Terratec DMX 6fire, which has numerous audio inputs and outputs. I plan to use this card for watching DVD movies on my T.V. through the S-Video out connection. I have two questions, based on the information I just gave.

1. Since this machine clearly meets the required hardware for the AIW 8500DV, should I expect to see a high-quality picture on my T.V. when playing DVD movies? Is the 800 x 600 resolution a quality picture (for television standards) to watch movies on?

2. With all the audio inputs and outputs this card has, will there be some interferance with my Terratec 6Fire audio card? Will the audio connections work on BOTH my 8500dv video card AND my 6FIRE audio card? If not, how might I handle this?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A standard TV has something like 512x288 pixels. This sux and has nothing to do with your card. At 800x600 resolution, you won't be able to read anything that's less than 14 font. And at 14 font, it will still be blurry. If you look at TV adds, you'll notice that even the fine print is fairly large compared to what's on a computer screen. DVD video will be as good as if you played it from a DVD player.
2. I'd suggest if you want the best sound quality, you connect your 8500DV on a separate input than other devices, instead of running everything into the 8500 and out to the card.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>