V551 question

I have a new V551 that I got yesterday. Today I noticed when talking
that my screen had gone blank as in black. Is this supposed to happen? If
it is is there a way to make the screen stay on? Sorry if this is in the
manual. I can't make much sense of it. Thanks!
sam
8 answers Last reply
More about v551 question

    Goes off to conserve battery power, which you will find is a problem. You
    cannot make it stay on.

    --
    MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
    Captain (ret.) KCPD

    Remember, Golf is not a matter of Life or Death;
    it is MUCH more important than that.

    NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.
    "Sam Hein" <hot@hell.here> wrote in message
    > I have a new V551 that I got yesterday. Today I noticed when talking
    > that my screen had gone blank as in black. Is this supposed to happen? If
    > it is is there a way to make the screen stay on? Sorry if this is in the
    > manual. I can't make much sense of it. Thanks!
    > sam

    I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
    phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
    the light comes on.

    --
    Steve

    Steve wrote:
    > I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
    > phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
    > the light comes on.

    ....unless that button is END, then poof goes your call.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    "Michael MacMahon" <maccop@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Goes off to conserve battery power, which you will find is a problem. You
    > cannot make it stay on.
    >
    > --
    > MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
    > Captain (ret.) KCPD
    Actually, you can seem edit seem 0032_0001 to set the backlight to
    continuous, which is what I did with mine, and have noticed no major batt
    diff from when I had to without.
    There are several ways to do this, Iin my exp I just use seemplayer and
    p2kman.

    Gee, there's about 15 other buttons. Some people will find fault with a
    sunny day.

    --
    Steve
    "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > Steve wrote:
    >> I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during
    >> a phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and
    >> poof, the light comes on.
    >>

    > ...unless that button is END, then poof goes your call.
    >
    > --
    > jer
    > email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    ..
    > There are several ways to do this, Iin my exp I just use seemplayer
    > and p2kman.

    Thanks! When I get my usb cables I'll try this out!

    sam

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:37:41 GMT, "Steve" <nr4p@NOJUNKearthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
    >phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
    >the light comes on.

    Is there a button you can press that doesn't do anything? Like on my
    computer when the screen saver comes on, I press the shift key to get
    my screen back without having any effect. On the v551 whatever key I
    press, some action occurs.

    CD

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:46:43 -0500, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

    >Steve wrote:
    >> I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
    >> phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
    >> the light comes on.
    >>

    >...unless that button is END, then poof goes your call.

    WRONG

    Even END will return the screen. You need to press END a second time
    to hang up.

Motorola