V551 question

Tags:
  • Motorola
Last response: in Brands
June 4, 2005 3:39:16 AM

I have a new V551 that I got yesterday. Today I noticed when talking
that my screen had gone blank as in black. Is this supposed to happen? If
it is is there a way to make the screen stay on? Sorry if this is in the
manual. I can't make much sense of it. Thanks!
sam

More about : v551 question

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 3:57:33 AM

Goes off to conserve battery power, which you will find is a problem. You
cannot make it stay on.

--
MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
Captain (ret.) KCPD

Remember, Golf is not a matter of Life or Death;
it is MUCH more important than that.

NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.
"Sam Hein" <hot@hell.here> wrote in message
> I have a new V551 that I got yesterday. Today I noticed when talking
> that my screen had gone blank as in black. Is this supposed to happen? If
> it is is there a way to make the screen stay on? Sorry if this is in the
> manual. I can't make much sense of it. Thanks!
> sam
June 4, 2005 4:37:41 AM

I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
the light comes on.

--
Steve
"Michael MacMahon" <maccop@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Goes off to conserve battery power, which you will find is a problem. You
> cannot make it stay on.
>
> --
> MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
> Captain (ret.) KCPD
>
> Remember, Golf is not a matter of Life or Death;
> it is MUCH more important than that.
>
> NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.
> "Sam Hein" <hot@hell.here> wrote in message
>> I have a new V551 that I got yesterday. Today I noticed when talking
>> that my screen had gone blank as in black. Is this supposed to happen?
>> If
>> it is is there a way to make the screen stay on? Sorry if this is in the
>> manual. I can't make much sense of it. Thanks!
>> sam

Related resources
June 4, 2005 4:37:42 AM

Steve wrote:
> I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
> phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
> the light comes on.

....unless that button is END, then poof goes your call.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

"Michael MacMahon" <maccop@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Goes off to conserve battery power, which you will find is a problem. You
> cannot make it stay on.
>
> --
> MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
> Captain (ret.) KCPD
Actually, you can seem edit seem 0032_0001 to set the backlight to
continuous, which is what I did with mine, and have noticed no major batt
diff from when I had to without.
There are several ways to do this, Iin my exp I just use seemplayer and
p2kman.
June 4, 2005 5:48:46 AM

Gee, there's about 15 other buttons. Some people will find fault with a
sunny day.

--
Steve
"Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
>> I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during
>> a phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and
>> poof, the light comes on.
>>

> ...unless that button is END, then poof goes your call.
>
> --
> jer
> email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 1:24:45 AM

..
> There are several ways to do this, Iin my exp I just use seemplayer
> and p2kman.

Thanks! When I get my usb cables I'll try this out!

sam
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:41:38 PM

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 00:37:41 GMT, "Steve" <nr4p@NOJUNKearthlink.net>
wrote:

>I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
>phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
>the light comes on.

Is there a button you can press that doesn't do anything? Like on my
computer when the screen saver comes on, I press the shift key to get
my screen back without having any effect. On the v551 whatever key I
press, some action occurs.

CD
June 7, 2005 7:03:43 PM

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:46:43 -0500, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote:

>Steve wrote:
>> I'd rather save battery power than have the screen on continously during a
>> phone call. If you need to use it during a call, press any button and poof,
>> the light comes on.
>>

>...unless that button is END, then poof goes your call.

WRONG

Even END will return the screen. You need to press END a second time
to hang up.
!