V551 & Battery Length

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 4, 2005 2:20:18 AM

There has been much discussion about the poor battery life from the V551.
Motorola has announced a software problem that may be causing this. It is a
warrantable item. Check with Motorola or your provider to see if your phone
is affected.

Fred

More about : v551 battery length

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 4:12:32 PM

In article <le8oe.8887$rb6.1139@lakeread07>, Fred <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:
>There has been much discussion about the poor battery life from the V551.
>Motorola has announced a software problem that may be causing this.

Do you have a reference or link for this announcement?
June 4, 2005 5:03:59 PM

No. Cingular made their retail stores aware of it. Moto service will
acknowledge it also. I sent mine in for a software upgrade.

Fred

"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
news:D 7s5rg$9v6$1@reader1.panix.com...

> In article <le8oe.8887$rb6.1139@lakeread07>, Fred <agunat@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> >There has been much discussion about the poor battery life from the V551.
> >Motorola has announced a software problem that may be causing this.
>
> Do you have a reference or link for this announcement?

June 4, 2005 10:28:23 PM

In article <%aloe.9519$rb6.7994@lakeread07>, Fred <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
>news:D 7s5rg$9v6$1@reader1.panix.com...
>>
>> In article <le8oe.8887$rb6.1139@lakeread07>, Fred <agunat@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>> >There has been much discussion about the poor battery life from the V551.
>> >Motorola has announced a software problem that may be causing this.
>>
>> Do you have a reference or link for this announcement?
>>
>No. Cingular made their retail stores aware of it. Moto service will
>acknowledge it also. I sent mine in for a software upgrade.

What were your flash version numbers before and after the upgrade?
June 5, 2005 2:11:32 AM

I don't know how to tell the version. Also, I'm still arranging to have it
sent in, it hasn't actually been repaired yet. Also, I have not seen this
problem mentioned here mentioned but Motorola says it should also be cured
by the update. My speaker for ringers, speakerphone, alarms, etc. is DOA.
I can hear to conduct a conversation okay but none of the other sounds.

news:D 7srs7$c48$1@reader1.panix.com...

> In article <%aloe.9519$rb6.7994@lakeread07>, Fred <agunat@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> >"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
> >news:D 7s5rg$9v6$1@reader1.panix.com...

V551.

> >> Do you have a reference or link for this announcement?
> >>
> >No. Cingular made their retail stores aware of it. Moto service will
> >acknowledge it also. I sent mine in for a software upgrade.
>
> What were your flash version numbers before and after the upgrade?

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 2:48:01 AM

enter in *#9999# the info is the S/W version and Flex version, up to the -
"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I don't know how to tell the version. Also, I'm still arranging to have
it
> sent in, it hasn't actually been repaired yet. Also, I have not seen this
> problem mentioned here mentioned but Motorola says it should also be cured
> by the update. My speaker for ringers, speakerphone, alarms, etc. is DOA.
> I can hear to conduct a conversation okay but none of the other sounds.
>
> Fred
>
> "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
> news:D 7srs7$c48$1@reader1.panix.com...
> >
> > In article <%aloe.9519$rb6.7994@lakeread07>, Fred <agunat@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
> > >news:D 7s5rg$9v6$1@reader1.panix.com...

> V551.

> > >No. Cingular made their retail stores aware of it. Moto service will
> > >acknowledge it also. I sent mine in for a software upgrade.
> >
> > What were your flash version numbers before and after the upgrade?

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 11:42:21 AM

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 22:48:01 -0400, "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com>
wrote:

>enter in *#9999# the info is the S/W version and Flex version, up to the -
>"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Enter it where?
June 6, 2005 11:42:22 AM

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 07:42:21 -0400, dgk
<sonicechoes-spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 22:48:01 -0400, "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com>
>wrote:
>
>>enter in *#9999# the info is the S/W version and Flex version, up to the -
>>"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>Enter it where?

You don't have to enter anything. All of this information is
available in the menu. Go to Settings/Phone status/Other information
and scroll down to what you want.

Dick
June 7, 2005 7:01:38 PM

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 07:42:21 -0400, dgk
<sonicechoes-spamless@hot-nospamp-mail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 22:48:01 -0400, "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com>
>wrote:
>
>>enter in *#9999# the info is the S/W version and Flex version, up to the -
>>"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>Enter it where?

From the main screen where you would normally dial a number. You
don't need to hit send. When you hit the second # all the "other
information" will show. Software version, Flex version, E.J.A I H/W
version... all on one screen
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 5:44:12 AM

On the phone's keypad - "dial" it. Then look at the display.

!