Why has my internet randomly just slowed down?

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
I just upgraded my computer and after installing my new parts/reinstalling OS my enternet is now very slow.... I use to be able to load a 1080p video with no wait and even though i still have a 2.1mbps download rate in steam and a 15mbps in speedtest.net I can barely load a 480/720p video... is there anything i can do, i am connected to a booster by Ethernet could i need to get a new one?

Of course you could get a new booster, that's for you to decide, but it may not make any difference. The booster only increases the range of the wireless signal in your house, not the internet speed (unless you are referring to different kind of booster).

Try unplugging your router from the power socket, then plug it back in. Wait for it to reset and sync back up again so that none of it's lights are flashing. That worked for me last week when my download speed slowed to a crawl for no apparent reason. I have to do that about once every two months - no big deal.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
well the thing is that I run off of ethernet and i have tried restarting my modum over and over again... I dont use wireless and dont have anything to test it but i have been using a 1ethernet booster for about a year or two and I for some reason my internet goes on and off or just HIGH and LOW(speeds) and when ever I restart the thing it gets better for a while... anways i have a dual channel router and was wondering if you think this will be ok
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006V72AHC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER