svol

Champion
The official name for ATA33, 66, etc is Ultra Direct Memory Acces (UDMA) 3, 4, 5... they are also called Ultra ATA66 and higher. So Ultra or non-Ultra cables should be the same. It could be that Ultra cables (if frome the same manufactuer) are shielded but that doesn't matter with the default 18" cables.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's just that some companies use the word "Ultra" with the term ATA from the term UDMA. Same cable.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Listen. ATA133 is the same as Ultra ATA133. ATA100 is the same as Utra ATA100. ATA66 is the same as Ultra ATA66. Etc, etc, etc. the word ultra means nothing there. It isn't even an ATA designation as far as I know, the Ultra comes from the DMA mode, UDMA133/100/66/33.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>