knightfarley

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
:pfff: When ever I connect the cable from my router directly to my computer I am unable to get a connection to the internet;However, whenever I connect my wireless Linksys G usb adapter into the same computer I can connect to the internet. What do I need to do to fix this issue?

Also, is it true that a direct connection to the router is faster than a wireless adapter....? HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :pfff:

This is a custom build for gaming with the following system spec:

Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2G DDR5 PCIE 3.0
Cosair GS 700
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad Core
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H-MVP mATX LGA 1155
Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5\\\" 7200 RPM
Seagate Barracuda 3x(1TB 3.5\\\" 7200 RPM)
Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower
Asus BC-12B1ST-BLK/B/AS Blue-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer
IO Crest 2 Port SATA III PCI-Express x1 Card
ASUS XONAR DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card
WD 1 TB external drive

RealBeast

Titan
A wired connection will be lower lag and have a higher data transfer capacity, which you may not really notice because it is likely higher than your Internet speed. You may notice the lower lag when gaming though. To test the connections, once the wired is working, go to www.speedtest.net and http://pingtest.net

Did you install an Ethernet (LAN) driver? Take a look in the device manager to see what the status of the driver and device are. Also check in the network control panel, change adapter settings, LAN card, right click properties, highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and see it it is set to automatically obtain an IP address for the Ethernet card.

taurinemike

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Yeah, the first thing I would do is make sure you have the drivers installed from your motherboard manufacturer model. (google is your friend.) I would also go into your network adapter and make sure your network adapter is enabled. My guess is on the drivers however. Just something else to try.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/fix-network-adapter-problems