WTB: Otari MTR90 MkII

Last response: in Home Audio
December 26, 2004 2:57:58 AM

I prefer midwest. Please contact with your model and options.
Thanks
Aaron householter
studio1117

More about : wtb otari mtr90 mkii

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 1:31:46 PM

std1117@swbell.net wrote:
> I prefer midwest. Please contact with your model and options.
> Thanks
> Aaron householter
> studio1117

Wasn't Guido selling his?
December 26, 2004 4:48:55 PM

Joe Sensor wrote:

> Wasn't Guido selling his?

Yeah, he was. Don't know if he ever sold it or not. I do recall his
price seemed rather high, but I'm sure it was in excellent condition.
You should email him Aaron.

--
Eric

www.Raw-Tracks.com
December 26, 2004 6:48:52 PM

EricK wrote:
> Joe Sensor wrote:
>
>> Wasn't Guido selling his?
>

> Yeah, he was. Don't know if he ever sold it or not. I do recall his
> price seemed rather high, but I'm sure it was in excellent condition.
> You should email him Aaron.

Yes, it would be worth paying a bit extra to buy from someone that you
know took proper care of the machine.
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 12:56:17 PM

I think he has a MKIII I want a II and I want to spend much-o less-o.
Thanks though
Aaron householter
studio1117
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 9:56:04 PM

<std1117@swbell.net> wrote:

> I think he has a MKIII I want a II

Why?

> and I want to spend much-o less-o.

Unless you know a lot more about these machines than you seem to, based
on your Studer questions, you could easily buy one that will cost you
more, even lots more, in the long run.

--
ha
December 28, 2004 12:48:11 AM

std1117@swbell.net wrote:

> I think he has a MKIII I want a II and I want to spend much-o less-o.
> Thanks though
> Aaron householter
> studio1117

Yeah, I think you're right. Guido has/had an MK-III. As far as I know,
and I'm by no means an expert, the difference between an MK-II and
MK-III is mainly the age and wear and tear. I don't think the MK-III
introduced a whole lot of extra functionality. I think it's just the
MK-III's are newer, and therefore are usually in better shape.

If you are aware of any difference between the two, I would love to know
for my own knowledge....thanks.

--
Eric

www.Raw-Tracks.com
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 4:49:10 PM

"EricK" <eric@Raw-Tracks.com> wrote in message
> std1117@swbell.net wrote:
>
> > I think he has a MKIII I want a II and I want to spend much-o less-o.
> > Thanks though
> > Aaron householter
> > studio1117
> >

> Yeah, I think you're right. Guido has/had an MK-III. As far as I know,
> and I'm by no means an expert, the difference between an MK-II and
> MK-III is mainly the age and wear and tear. I don't think the MK-III
> introduced a whole lot of extra functionality. I think it's just the
> MK-III's are newer, and therefore are usually in better shape.
>
> If you are aware of any difference between the two, I would love to know
> for my own knowledge....thanks.

Mine was Mk-II and I never worked with a Mk-III, but if I understand well,
Mk-II went through a number of revisions over time (lots, indicated by
letter suffix to the serial number) - bug fixes, mods, improvements etc. At
one point they simply renamed the machine into Mk-III.

Predrag
December 30, 2004 9:27:59 AM

In article <cqrkod$hjc$1@ls219.htnet.hr>, Predrag Trpkov
<predrag.trpkovNeSpamu@ri.htnet.hr> wrote:

> Mine was Mk-II and I never worked with a Mk-III, but if I understand well,
> Mk-II went through a number of revisions over time (lots, indicated by
> letter suffix to the serial number) - bug fixes, mods, improvements etc. At
> one point they simply renamed the machine into Mk-III.
>
> Predrag

They also did at least 3 other things:

Moved the deck plate up a bit - a III has the deck plate raised
compared to the on-machine controls in front of it.

Otari put some nice strong metal over the 2 outer rollers for some
protection.

A III auto slows down the FF or REW speed when it notices it is getting
near the beginning or end of a reel. Very cool. The II would just spin
off madly if you weren't paying attention.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

CelebrationSound@aol.com