Moto V3 vs. Nokia 6230

Soliciting opinions on a Nokia 6230 vs. Motorola V3 Razr

1st let me say that I own the V3 and am very happy with it. I have only
recently considered the 6230 mainly because I understand you can put a chip
in it to expand it's memory capacity. Am I correct in assuming this would
let me store many more contacts and appointments in the calendar? I would
not need the memory for many pictures although MP3's would be nice. Does
Nokia have a program similar to Motorola's Mobile Phone Tools? Of course
there is THE RECEPTION QUESTION.. Does either have superior cell reception?
Your opinions please.

The pluses & minuses as I see them:

V3 Razr
By far the better display and form factor.
Mobile Phone Tools Software

6230
Expandable memory (if it will do what I want - contacts & appointment
mostly). I would like it to do enough of each
that I could shelve my Palm Pilot a good deal of the time.
Much better searches in the contact list
More information re contacts (addresses, notes, etc.)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Fred
1 answer Last reply
More about moto nokia 6230

    Not only does Nokia have phone sync software but it is far superior to MPT
    and it is FREE.
    http://www.nokiausa.com/support/phones/software/

    The only reason I went with the V3 is the display size and clarity. I was
    tired of squinting at those tiny screens.

    MG

    "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Soliciting opinions on a Nokia 6230 vs. Motorola V3 Razr
    >
    > 1st let me say that I own the V3 and am very happy with it. I have only
    > recently considered the 6230 mainly because I understand you can put a
    > chip
    > in it to expand it's memory capacity. Am I correct in assuming this would
    > let me store many more contacts and appointments in the calendar? I would
    > not need the memory for many pictures although MP3's would be nice. Does
    > Nokia have a program similar to Motorola's Mobile Phone Tools? Of course
    > there is THE RECEPTION QUESTION.. Does either have superior cell
    > reception?
    > Your opinions please.
    >
    > The pluses & minuses as I see them:
    >
    > V3 Razr
    > By far the better display and form factor.
    > Mobile Phone Tools Software
    >
    > 6230
    > Expandable memory (if it will do what I want - contacts & appointment
    > mostly). I would like it to do enough of each
    > that I could shelve my Palm Pilot a good deal of the time.
    > Much better searches in the contact list
    > More information re contacts (addresses, notes, etc.)
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your input.
    >
    > Fred

Motorola Nokia