Gave up on MN-700: Now I have 2 workgroups I can't get rid..

I only want one workgroup on my PC, after diddling with Microsoft's MN-700
router for two days, it is going back. It keeps dropping sync and taking
down the other computers on my net. It has left me with two workgroups:
"Untitled" and "wireless". "wireless" I set up when I was using the MN-700
but it always reappears when I refresh my network. How do I get rid of
these 2, and still retain the workgroup I named? Incidentally, I am still
using the MN-710 adapters but went back to my cheap Blitz .11b router. The
two adapters set up nicely with this router.
2 answers Last reply
More about gave workgroups

    Hi,

    Go to each of your computers and check the computer settings and see if the
    workgroup name for the computers is the name you want.
    To do this, right click your My Computer and then go to Properties.
    Then click on the Computer Name tab, and check to make sure the Workgroup
    name is correct.
    If it's incorrect then click on the Change button.

    Then hit ok.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "LoneGolfer" <lonegolfer@thecourse.com> wrote in message
    >I only want one workgroup on my PC, after diddling with Microsoft's MN-700
    >router for two days, it is going back. It keeps dropping sync and taking
    >down the other computers on my net. It has left me with two workgroups:
    >"Untitled" and "wireless". "wireless" I set up when I was using the MN-700
    >but it always reappears when I refresh my network. How do I get rid of
    >these 2, and still retain the workgroup I named? Incidentally, I am still
    >using the MN-710 adapters but went back to my cheap Blitz .11b router. The
    >two adapters set up nicely with this router.

    So you got bit also with Microsoft's junk! I, also have
    had problems witth the MN 700 and 710. They worked (some
    what) after I first installed them, but caused problems
    shotly after. I sent four hours on the phone in three
    session with MS tech support to no avail. I could even
    completely uninstall the software and reinstall it. It
    seems athat the install puts some hidden files on the
    system that uninstill can't remove. Wehen I tried to
    reinstall the software went in fine but the windows to
    setup the base station and adapter wouldn't open. Now I
    am still trying to get MS Tech Support to tell me how to
    remove those hidden files. Mine too is going back to the
    store.

Routers Microsoft Networking