caashford

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
Amazingly I have been through most of the 'other components' section and have come across NO reviews of keyboards or mice. As I buying a custom built p.c. i need to think of all components i need your advice.
Any mice or keyboards you would recommend? Microsoft? Logitech? I will get an optical mouse, but infa-red as well? Worth the price or better to just get a few cable extenders?

Also, cases? Any recommendations, the Antec660 seems popular. As i am spending nearly $1500 on a system there is no reason fall at the last hurdly and get rubbish peripherals for the system.

Cheers
Chris

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I really like my Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro. It is very comfortable. It also have 2 build in USB port which also is very convient.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I find most keyboards to be comfortable and easy to use. The standard keyboard layout lends itself to that. As for mice, nobody makes one large enough to fit my king-sized mits, I have to hold them all with my fingertips. But I've never had a problem with any brand of mouse, short of the things getting dirty.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You mean you're supposed to be able to grab jumpers with your finger? Geeze, I use a pair of longnose pliers.

Lesson for today: What most people call Needle Nose plier are ACTUALLY long nose pliers. True needle nose pliers have the nose machined down to about 1/2 the thickness of the standard long nose pliers most people are familiar with.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Allright. This is what i have (except for the mousemat, but thats comming soon)

A. Big BLACK Ratpadz mousepad.
B. Darkgrey/silver Explorer3.0 optimouse (USB).
C. BLACK compac USB keyboard.
D. BLACK Atlas/dynatron/superflower SB201 case with Black faceplated drives.

And it looks very VERY nice.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

I use my grubby, sweaty mits and hope that it earths as it should. :lol:

Would use a wrist strap too, but it's at the bottom of a box.

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/viewtopic.php?t=324" target="_new">My System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i have Lian-Li PC60B USB
Microsoft Intellite USB Optical Mouse
and Microsoft Internet Keyboard... from Newegg..

they are smooth and excellent!

RIG
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
Lian-Li PC-60
Lite-On 52X
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/vivo 128mb 8x
Hitachi CML174
1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 Cas2