to start here is my sys
asus a7m266d
dual AMD MP 2100's
samsung 512
samsung 80GB
liteon CDRW
liteon DVD
antec 430 true power supply
antec (soho dragon case, the one all allienware computer use)

ok i had a generic case i puicked up for a good price and poped in the true power 430 psu and my pc worked fine no problems, then i aquired and allienware case from my work for next to nothing. rebuilt my computer into that case and tried powering it with the 340w psu in the case and the fans spun then stopped. I then put in my true 430 and the fans spun for longer but then stopped
what is wrong any suggestions will help.also, i got a power supply tester and it workes fine...
thanks in advance
if you know whats wrong and feel like helping me you can reach me at AIM: bradleyboldt otherwise just preply to this

bought a new psu and booted with just mobo mem graphics card and still had the same exact problem please belp.......<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bradb0286 on 01/11/03 10:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
READ the Motherboard's FAQ. The reason your fans do that is because when you first connect the power supply, part of the board turns on to monitor "Wake On" activity. In order to POWER UP the system, you need to connect the power button on front of the case to the propper place on the board. If that doesn't work, your board is probably grounded through a spare mounting post.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

svol

Champion
Probably some hardware is touching the case and shorting it out, if you then start the PC it will immediatly shut down.
Also check if all cables for the LEDs and power-on/rest buttons are connected properly.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.