My laptop says "limited access" when connected and doesnt work

joshholymoses

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
I have connected my laptop to many many networks, but this is the first time this happened. I went to my moms today, and triied connecting but it only says limited access and full bars, and sometimes it doesnt even say its limited access...

Here is what i've tried-

I have restarted modem
Deleted network file (or whatever yhou call it, its in manage network. makes it like ive never joined it)
Checked if connection switch was off on my laptop (Wasnt)
Disconnected and reconnected multiple times
Cry a little
And restarted computer which is stupid.

What can i do :(

satxrebel2020

Reputable
Aug 16, 2014

I have had the same issue. I know you said you restarted the modem but is there a router as well? In my case I have to unplug the actual ISP modem (Time Warner in my case) then the router for at least five seconds. Then I plug the modem in then router. Once it boots I will have internet. I don't really know all the technical stuff but from what I understand is that sometimes the modem/router needs to be "refreshed" with the new device available on the network. Then the modem/router will pick it up for internet.

Genuine123

Reputable
Jan 25, 2015
i had a same problem...i found solution as below:
go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections and in that disable LAN Connetion after that try to reconnect wifi.

Bowserko

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
This worked for me but go to the connection proporties and check the ipv4 and ipv6 protocols and set all those settings to automatic and select ok. You wifi conection should be resloved with in 30 seconds