tonyc402

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hey guys , need a little help here.
Lately for the past few months or so my brother has been getting a pretty unstable connection when gaming(it seems ok when he surfs). Ive been trying to pin point it out but cant figure out why . Both our rooms are on the same floor and yet my connection is fine .

This is my rig:
ASUS P8Z77-V mobo(it came with a wireless adapter)
i5 3550
8gb ram
560ti GFX card

my brothers:
i5 750
Intel DP55WB mobo
asus wireless usb adapter
4gb ram
ATi 5770 GFX card

Ive been trying to see whats causing it . we tried replacing the wireless usb adapter to see if that was causing it but no dice. Now im really stumped on whats going on . Pretty much all his parts are quality aside from maybe the intel brand mobo but I dont know what can be causing his unstable connection when gaming. I even tried reformatting his computer to see if there was some kinda virus or something but its still the same situation. Could it be his side of the floor ?(i didnt think so because my room is next door to his room). Could it be his motherboard?Could there be a virus in his hard drive?

tonyc402

Distinguished
May 9, 2010

No i havent , considering our router is in the basement . I understand wireless can sometimes be susceptible to interference but it still doesnt explain why my computer has a stable connection in both browsing and gaming yet my brother's computer has crappy connection when gaming and we are both on the same floor . Im starting to wonder if maybe replacing the motherboard will do anything .