Saving Phonebook to Sim and phone

Hi,

I hope that this is not a stupid question.

Is there any way to save the phone numbers on my Sim card to the mobile -
it's a V220- and still keep them on my SIM?

TIA

Bren
5 answers Last reply
More about saving phonebook phone

    While in Phonebook, press Menu, select Copy and then Copy to Phone.

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:12:43 GMT, "brobin" <nospam@atmyplace.com>
    wrote:

    >While in Phonebook, press Menu, select Copy and then Copy to Phone.
    >
    >"Bren" <bomahony1NOSPAM@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I hope that this is not a stupid question.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to save the phone numbers on my Sim card to the mobile -
    >> it's a V220- and still keep them on my SIM?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Bren

    On my V220, having phone entries on *both* phone and
    SIM results in duplicate entries in your phone's
    directory listing.

    "Ernie" <user@invalid.domain.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:12:43 GMT, "brobin" <nospam@atmyplace.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>While in Phonebook, press Menu, select Copy and then Copy to Phone.
    >>
    >>"Bren" <bomahony1NOSPAM@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I hope that this is not a stupid question.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to save the phone numbers on my Sim card to the
    >>> mobile -
    >>> it's a V220- and still keep them on my SIM?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Bren
    >>>

    > On my V220, having phone entries on *both* phone and
    > SIM results in duplicate entries in your phone's
    > directory listing.

    The solution to that is to create a new category (I called mine PHONE
    MEMORY) and put all the entries stored in the phone's memory into that
    category. All SIM entries will automatically have a category of GENERAL.
    Set the phone to only show the phone memory category and you won't see
    duplicates. The only downside to this is whenever you power cycle the phone
    you have to choose the displayed category again.

    Destrux wrote:

    > The solution to that is to create a new category (I called mine PHONE
    > MEMORY) and put all the entries stored in the phone's memory into that
    > category. All SIM entries will automatically have a category of GENERAL.
    > Set the phone to only show the phone memory category and you won't see
    > duplicates. The only downside to this is whenever you power cycle the phone
    > you have to choose the displayed category again.

    Yeah, I've noticed that on my V551 and I wish they had thought of that.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    "Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
    > Destrux wrote:
    >
    >> The solution to that is to create a new category (I called mine PHONE
    >> MEMORY) and put all the entries stored in the phone's memory into that
    >> category. All SIM entries will automatically have a category of GENERAL.
    >> Set the phone to only show the phone memory category and you won't see
    >> duplicates. The only downside to this is whenever you power cycle the
    >> phone you have to choose the displayed category again.

    > Yeah, I've noticed that on my V551 and I wish they had thought of that.
    >
    > --
    > jer
    > email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Thanks Guys - that solved the problem!