Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Motorola v265 - Possible to add your own ringtones?

Tags:
  • Motorola
  • Download
Last response: in Brands
June 14, 2005 9:17:54 PM

I just got a Motorola v265, and would very much like to be able to add
my own ringtones, also I would like to be able to download the
pictures I take to the computer, instead of paying US Cellular for
each one.
I've been watching the group for a few days, also doing some research
on the Internet, and cannot really come up with how this could be
done, if in fact it can be done.
Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated. I do have a USB
cable, but don't know where to proceed from here.

Thanks!

More about : motorola v265 add ringtones

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:04:52 AM

Get yourself a copy of Mobile Phone Tools or Data Pilot.

"Jinx" <jinx@jinxville.com> wrote in message
>I just got a Motorola v265, and would very much like to be able to add
> my own ringtones, also I would like to be able to download the
> pictures I take to the computer, instead of paying US Cellular for
> each one.
> I've been watching the group for a few days, also doing some research
> on the Internet, and cannot really come up with how this could be
> done, if in fact it can be done.
> Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated. I do have a USB
> cable, but don't know where to proceed from here.
>
> Thanks!
June 15, 2005 5:04:53 AM

Will those applications allow me to do what I want? I have read some
about Mobile Phone Tools, and the impression I get is it is mainly
used to sync a calendar, or allow you to hook up the cellphone to be
able to use it to get Internet access.
Thanks for the response.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:04:52 GMT, "brobin" <nospam@atmyplace.com>
wrote:

>Get yourself a copy of Mobile Phone Tools or Data Pilot.
>
>"Jinx" <jinx@jinxville.com> wrote in message
>>I just got a Motorola v265, and would very much like to be able to add
>> my own ringtones, also I would like to be able to download the
>> pictures I take to the computer, instead of paying US Cellular for
>> each one.
>> I've been watching the group for a few days, also doing some research
>> on the Internet, and cannot really come up with how this could be
>> done, if in fact it can be done.
>> Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated. I do have a USB
>> cable, but don't know where to proceed from here.
>>
>> Thanks!

June 15, 2005 5:04:54 AM

Nope. MPT allows everything you want and more. How to do it is explained
in detail here:

http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=34013&hig...

> Will those applications allow me to do what I want? I have read some
> about Mobile Phone Tools, and the impression I get is it is mainly
> used to sync a calendar, or allow you to hook up the cellphone to be
> able to use it to get Internet access.
> Thanks for the response.
June 15, 2005 5:04:55 AM

Thanks for the help. I'll look into it.

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:18:53 -0700, "MisterJJ" <idts@noway.com> wrote:

>Nope. MPT allows everything you want and more. How to do it is explained
>in detail here:
>
>http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=34013&hig...
>
>"Jinx" <jinx@jinxville.com> wrote in message
>> Will those applications allow me to do what I want? I have read some
>> about Mobile Phone Tools, and the impression I get is it is mainly
>> used to sync a calendar, or allow you to hook up the cellphone to be
>> able to use it to get Internet access.
>> Thanks for the response.

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:59:20 AM

Yes, they do what you want.

"Jinx" <jinx@jinxville.com> wrote in message
> Will those applications allow me to do what I want? I have read some
> about Mobile Phone Tools, and the impression I get is it is mainly
> used to sync a calendar, or allow you to hook up the cellphone to be
> able to use it to get Internet access.
> Thanks for the response.
>
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:04:52 GMT, "brobin" <nospam@atmyplace.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Get yourself a copy of Mobile Phone Tools or Data Pilot.
>>
>>"Jinx" <jinx@jinxville.com> wrote in message
>>>I just got a Motorola v265, and would very much like to be able to add
>>> my own ringtones, also I would like to be able to download the
>>> pictures I take to the computer, instead of paying US Cellular for
>>> each one.
>>> I've been watching the group for a few days, also doing some research
>>> on the Internet, and cannot really come up with how this could be
>>> done, if in fact it can be done.
>>> Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated. I do have a USB
>>> cable, but don't know where to proceed from here.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:19:32 PM

"MisterJJ" <idts@noway.com> wrote in message
> Nope. MPT allows everything you want and more. How to do it is explained
> in detail here:
>
> http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=34013&hig...
>
> "Jinx" <jinx@jinxville.com> wrote in message
> > Will those applications allow me to do what I want? I have read some
> > about Mobile Phone Tools, and the impression I get is it is mainly
> > used to sync a calendar, or allow you to hook up the cellphone to be
> > able to use it to get Internet access.
> > Thanks for the response.

try adding a mp3 to the sounds folder
if you can upload it to there it can then be selected as a ring tone