V400 - volume is randomly very low after switching to T-Mo..

Last response: in Brands
June 15, 2005 4:11:37 AM

I have a V400. It worked fine when I was with Cingular.
After I switched to T-Mobile. The phone's volume acted
strangely. I can make one call and hear the voice all fine.
The next call the volume goes almost non-existant, but I do
hear a very very small sound.

To fix the problem, I turn off and back on the phone. I
even open the backcover and remove the battery for a few
second. Sometimes it works. I can get to make a few good
calls, then all of sudden, the volume goes down to very low
again. And it only happen before a phone call. Never in
the middle of a phone call.

After a long talk with a T-Mobile rep, she said my phone is
bad. What a coincidence! I wish I didn't switch the
service. Can anyone offer some help?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 5:04:00 AM

Have you tried putting your old Cingular SIM in to see what happens? You
should still be able to use it to dial 611 and listen.

"redsok" <redsok@windust.com> wrote in message
>I have a V400. It worked fine when I was with Cingular.
> After I switched to T-Mobile. The phone's volume acted
> strangely. I can make one call and hear the voice all fine.
> The next call the volume goes almost non-existant, but I do
> hear a very very small sound.
>
> To fix the problem, I turn off and back on the phone. I
> even open the backcover and remove the battery for a few
> second. Sometimes it works. I can get to make a few good
> calls, then all of sudden, the volume goes down to very low
> again. And it only happen before a phone call. Never in
> the middle of a phone call.
>
> After a long talk with a T-Mobile rep, she said my phone is
> bad. What a coincidence! I wish I didn't switch the
> service. Can anyone offer some help?
June 16, 2005 12:28:11 AM

I have the same problem with my v400. I find that if I actually clamp
the earphone area with two fingures creating a little bit of pressure,
the volume increases. It's almost as if the connection is loose. A
friend who has the v600 was experiencing the same problem. He ended up
opening the phone and tampering with the connection, I however am not
willing to do that.

redsok wrote:
> I have a V400. It worked fine when I was with Cingular.
> After I switched to T-Mobile. The phone's volume acted
> strangely. I can make one call and hear the voice all fine.
> The next call the volume goes almost non-existant, but I do
> hear a very very small sound.
>
> To fix the problem, I turn off and back on the phone. I
> even open the backcover and remove the battery for a few
> second. Sometimes it works. I can get to make a few good
> calls, then all of sudden, the volume goes down to very low
> again. And it only happen before a phone call. Never in
> the middle of a phone call.
>
> After a long talk with a T-Mobile rep, she said my phone is
> bad. What a coincidence! I wish I didn't switch the
> service. Can anyone offer some help?
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 12:55:24 PM

I had the same problem and sent it to Motorola for a warranty repair. Got
back with no reoccurrence of the problem.

!