V400 - volume is randomly very low after switching to T-Mo..

I have a V400. It worked fine when I was with Cingular.
After I switched to T-Mobile. The phone's volume acted
strangely. I can make one call and hear the voice all fine.
The next call the volume goes almost non-existant, but I do
hear a very very small sound.

To fix the problem, I turn off and back on the phone. I
even open the backcover and remove the battery for a few
second. Sometimes it works. I can get to make a few good
calls, then all of sudden, the volume goes down to very low
again. And it only happen before a phone call. Never in
the middle of a phone call.

After a long talk with a T-Mobile rep, she said my phone is
bad. What a coincidence! I wish I didn't switch the
service. Can anyone offer some help?
3 answers Last reply
More about v400 volume randomly switching

    Have you tried putting your old Cingular SIM in to see what happens? You
    should still be able to use it to dial 611 and listen.

    "redsok" <redsok@windust.com> wrote in message
    >I have a V400. It worked fine when I was with Cingular.
    > After I switched to T-Mobile. The phone's volume acted
    > strangely. I can make one call and hear the voice all fine.
    > The next call the volume goes almost non-existant, but I do
    > hear a very very small sound.
    >
    > To fix the problem, I turn off and back on the phone. I
    > even open the backcover and remove the battery for a few
    > second. Sometimes it works. I can get to make a few good
    > calls, then all of sudden, the volume goes down to very low
    > again. And it only happen before a phone call. Never in
    > the middle of a phone call.
    >
    > After a long talk with a T-Mobile rep, she said my phone is
    > bad. What a coincidence! I wish I didn't switch the
    > service. Can anyone offer some help?

    I have the same problem with my v400. I find that if I actually clamp
    the earphone area with two fingures creating a little bit of pressure,
    the volume increases. It's almost as if the connection is loose. A
    friend who has the v600 was experiencing the same problem. He ended up
    opening the phone and tampering with the connection, I however am not
    willing to do that.

    redsok wrote:
    > I have a V400. It worked fine when I was with Cingular.
    > After I switched to T-Mobile. The phone's volume acted
    > strangely. I can make one call and hear the voice all fine.
    > The next call the volume goes almost non-existant, but I do
    > hear a very very small sound.
    >
    > To fix the problem, I turn off and back on the phone. I
    > even open the backcover and remove the battery for a few
    > second. Sometimes it works. I can get to make a few good
    > calls, then all of sudden, the volume goes down to very low
    > again. And it only happen before a phone call. Never in
    > the middle of a phone call.
    >
    > After a long talk with a T-Mobile rep, she said my phone is
    > bad. What a coincidence! I wish I didn't switch the
    > service. Can anyone offer some help?

    I had the same problem and sent it to Motorola for a warranty repair. Got
    back with no reoccurrence of the problem.
    "satchmo" <ganisher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have the same problem with my v400. I find that if I actually clamp
    > the earphone area with two fingures creating a little bit of pressure,
    > the volume increases. It's almost as if the connection is loose. A
    > friend who has the v600 was experiencing the same problem. He ended up
    > opening the phone and tampering with the connection, I however am not
    > willing to do that.
    >
    > redsok wrote:
    >> I have a V400. It worked fine when I was with Cingular.
    >> After I switched to T-Mobile. The phone's volume acted
    >> strangely. I can make one call and hear the voice all fine.
    >> The next call the volume goes almost non-existant, but I do
    >> hear a very very small sound.
    >>
    >> To fix the problem, I turn off and back on the phone. I
    >> even open the backcover and remove the battery for a few
    >> second. Sometimes it works. I can get to make a few good
    >> calls, then all of sudden, the volume goes down to very low
    >> again. And it only happen before a phone call. Never in
    >> the middle of a phone call.
    >>
    >> After a long talk with a T-Mobile rep, she said my phone is
    >> bad. What a coincidence! I wish I didn't switch the
    >> service. Can anyone offer some help?

Motorola Phones